6211 - Imperial Star Destroyer

• 5 months later...

I'm jealous, I had mine sold for $280 last Oct but the person never paid :(

Dealing with the same thing right now. Someone bought 3 of those AS from me and haven't heard a peep since he asked me for an invoice (he was international). I sent him it and a message saying let me know - if you don't want them I can cancel. Hes not going with it.

Wonder if its Lego messing with me. lol.

I remember picking these up on black Friday at Target a few years ago for $70. There was a huge end cap of them and everyone was just walking right by them. Oh the good old days.

How did you old-time investors get all the sets into shopping carts?  Multiple carts hooked together like a Lego investing train?  Help from friends and family?

I wish I came across enough sets on clearance in my area to fill even one cart, but clearance items tend to go so quickly in my area that I often only find crumbs....tiny ABS plastic crumbs.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how many bags come in set 6211?  I got a 6211 from Craigslist that has sealed bags.

I did a quick check of my 6211 instruction manuals, and there should be at least 12 different numbered bags. That is what I found from the instructions, but I'm not sure about the overall count in the set.

• Like 1

Anyone know how the release of the new imperial star destroyer 75055 will affect the price of 6211? One would think that it would increase the value, but some lego consumers might not care about previous releases.

thoughts?

While my question is directly forwarded to 6211 I just found this post:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10693-remake-of-older-lego-sets-a-bad-investment/

So i'll read up there as well.

Anyone know how the release of the new imperial star destroyer 75055 will affect the price of 6211? One would think that it would increase the value, but some lego consumers might not care about previous releases.

thoughts?

While my question is directly forwarded to 6211 I just found this post:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10693-remake-of-older-lego-sets-a-bad-investment/

So i'll read up there as well.

I would think the value will go down with the new release

Does anyone know how many bags come in set 6211?  I got a 6211 from Craigslist that has sealed bags.

I sold a sealed one earlier this year but the buyer didn't want the box to save on postage.  Anyway, I still have the video of opening the sealed box and counting the bags. 

23 sealed bags (excluding of small bags inside some of these).