6211 - Imperial Star Destroyer

The Dark Side of the Force looms large over profits with older Star Wars sets. With reissues of Jabba's Sail Barge and Palace, UCS X-Wing, RGS and AT-TE, it is only a matter of time before they do another Star Destroyer. I personally think it has hit it's ceiling (around that $250-$300 mark) and won't get much further. Buyer beware

Not sure on this one. There are a few other options for a Star Destroyer available, the UCS set and the midi scale set being either side of it. Plus the inevitability of Lego releasing a new ISD set at some stage. Though with the UCS set price riding off into the stratosphere this set becomes the next best option for those who want an ISD but can't afford the UCS. So it may ride the coattails a little.

Well for $100 you can't really lose. Once this years Star Wars reissues hit the shelves you will be able to see what happens to the previous renditions and it will give you some idea. Check out the Slave 1 and AT-AT releases have fared for example. Of course, it all depends IF Lego release another one and how well they make it. I'd buy it, hold onto it until then and once you have seen how the market reacts, make a decision then. For $100 though, its all green.

I was thinking more like 200% profit, not really worth my time for 50%.........we will see what happens. I guess.

Exactly.

I would personally throw a $300 price tag on it and see what nibbles.

All depends what you think is acceptable and what you think may be in store for the future, as I am no Nostradamus.

I agree with the other posters. 100.00 for it in a sealed box that is in ok condition is worth picking up. I don't recall it being a set that would be gutted for the minifigures but it's always worth being thorough on checking the seals and box seams from a craigslist ad.

The ships belonging to the Empire will probably stop being reissued after two years, if villian in the new movie is completely different such as the Yuzan Vong or whatever that is. Or Dark Jedis. So Lego could be pushing the DS, SSD, etc. because they know there will be a new evil force in two years.

To quote another thread "what are you doing on Brickpicker, go get it." $100 is a great deal... I know some people claim the set is flimsy, but since the UCS Star Destroyer is selling for such crazy dollars, this set is worth every penny and lots of people want it. If you put it up on ebay for $250, it'll be gone in a hour.

To quote another thread "what are you doing on Brickpicker, go get it."

$100 is a great deal... I know some people claim the set is flimsy, but since the UCS Star Destroyer is selling for such crazy dollars, this set is worth every penny and lots of people want it. If you put it up on ebay for $250, it'll be gone in a hour.

It is a bit flimsy in the floor structure, but that is no reason people will not pick up this set. It is a great playset and easily strengthened for swooshability if desired.

:)

• 5 months later...

Quick question.  What color hands do the Royal Guards have in 6211?

Disclaimer : there are times when I behave like "Adrian Monk". I'm really Monk when it comes to my car, Lego collecting, and my kid's diaper changes.

Can anyone answer my question that built the set from opening a sealed box / bags? The box shows these figs with both black and red depending on the picture. The manual shows the figs with black hands. bricklink shows red hands.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&client=safari&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=672&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=_lgLUsOODuOYyAHb-ICIDQ&q=lego+6211+box&oq=lego+6211+box&gs_l=img.3...4742.7555.0.7953.14.14.0.0.0.0.120.1146.12j2.14.0....0...1c.1.25.img..12.2.156.hmYkWhbUqg8

Here is the Brickipedia page for the Royal Guard.

This small list tells how many are in that particular set and what color the hands were.

? Celebration IV Set (2, black hands)

? 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer (2, black hands)

? 7166 Imperial Shuttle (2, red hands)

? 7264 Imperial Inspection (2, red hands)

? 10188 Death Star (2, black hands)

? 852085 LEGO Star Wars Magnet Set (black hands)

? 852552 Magnet Set Royal Guard 2009 (black hands)

I honestly don't get what is up with this whole thing. The character's hands should be red period. I don't know why it was ever black to begin with other than it may have looked better in some way.