Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

Not really sure where to post this, but I noticed something interesting while looking at a particular set in the store - See if you can spot it... The following pictures of are of the same set - Front and side of box. All of them on the shelf were the same, so certainly not a one off.

A bit surprised LEGO quality control would miss something so huge.

10791 Front.JPG

10791 Side.JPG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

On this episode of "Mispronouncing Mothers", in a conversation about something that eventually trailed onto the topic of twerking, mine pronounced it as "tork"ing. I mean, some amount of torque is involved but that ain't it, ma'am.

Also, imagine being at work trying to keep a straight face in front of your coworkers after receiving a text message from your mother asking "What's a bussy?".

18 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

i still have faith for future generations (not really)

its actually well done. There are lots of explanations of what the fight represents on YT. 

My stab at it is that it represents the eternal struggle between our baser instincts (represented by the toilet, our animal function) and our intellect, (represented by our faculties of speech and vision). The toilets ppl start off ruling, representing our generations devolvement into crass materialism and animalistic indulgence. But there is a revolution by the minority of upstanding ppl, blaring their speakers and trying to defeat the animal toilet ppl with reason and vision. 

I realize the creator did not mean that. Nonetheless, that is my take.

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:30 PM, Bricklectic said:

anyone following the skibbidi craze / phenomenon?

I heard a mention about it a few weeks ago. Got caught up to the most recent episodes just now and I think it's pretty good. Starts out as classic silly and sometimes creepy GMod wackiness with people being transformed into toilets taking over society then evolves into a raging war of epic proportions with plunger assassin cameramen, psychic monitormen, and towering speaker titans. I look forward to just how wild this ride can get.

I grew up on Newgrounds in the late 90s to early 2000s, the GMod stuff around the 2010s, most everything out of Troma Entertainment along with a lot of 70s to 80s cinema, the classic insanity of Ren & Stimpy, and so on. This isn't the weirdest thing I have seen honestly, and it does not have to make sense to be enjoyable. With that last part said, I appreciate your analysis in the post above.

At the moment I am looking forward to heading over and bringing skibidi up on the big screen to watch with my mother just to see her reaction. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...