Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

26 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What percentage of US population can drive stick shifts nowadays ?  Heck, I have not driven 1 in so long it would probably take me 15 minutes just to get used to it. :D

It's got to be pretty low. First off, most millennials don't know how to drive a stick and there aren't too many new models that have it as an option anymore. 

It's been 20+ years since I've driven a stick. My sister came to visit last month and she has a Mini Cooper S that's a stick. I got excited and asked if I could drive it. Let's just say it was a little jerky the first couple of starts. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My dad made me learn on a VW Rabbit years ago. Great skill to know. Last month I visited a buddy of mine in Colorado Springs for Vaca. He had an extra car he let me use. He asked if I knew how to drive a stick. I showed up and he gave me a brand new "racing" Miata convertible with 3000 miles on it. Fully modified. It was awesome hauling ass around the mountains. Took it to Aspen. It was a blast. Then one morning we got up early and we went racing.....err....I mean driving....across one of the mountain passes with him driving. He knew the limits of the vehicle and how to drive it properly. It was a blast! Oh, and he also had a Nissan GTR we ripped as well. Something like 1100 horsepower on that bad boy. He had it up to 207mph on an airport runway where they were allowed to race for a weekend.

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

My dad made me learn on a VW Rabbit years ago. Great skill to know. Last month I visited a buddy of mine in Colorado Springs for Vaca. He had an extra car he let me use. He asked if I knew how to drive a stick. I showed up and he gave me a brand new "racing" Miata convertible with 3000 miles on it. Fully modified. It was awesome hauling ass around the mountains. Took it to Aspen. It was a blast. Then one morning we got up early and we went racing.....err....I mean driving....across one of the mountain passes with him driving. He knew the limits of the vehicle and how to drive it properly. It was a blast! Oh, and he also had a Nissan GTR we ripped as well. Something like 1100 horsepower on that bad boy. He had it up to 207mph on an airport runway where they were allowed to race for a weekend.

^ What I was reading

And what is in my imagination.  Btw did anyone spill any water ??? ;)

• Haha 1

Na. We popped it to about 90 mph in 3 seconds. When that turbo kicks in it literally presses you back into the seat. It's a crazy fun feeling. We then did a full stop and ripped it from stop. That GTR has 4 wheel traction so there is no slippage and he has it totally computer calibrated for max efficiency. He's a car nerd like that. We only had the GTR out for about 20 minutes. Didn't want to get pulled over.

• Bold-Arrow changed the title to Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show