10295 - Porsche 911

MotorCityMuscle

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

75895 expectations just rose considerably. 

I would think so as well.  The weird thing is, the only 6-wide Speed Champions set supposedly retiring was the Mini Cooper set.  Granted maybe it retired before Christmas, but the Speed Champions usually run an entire cycle for around 2 years, which all the 6-wide should be hitting this spring.  The White Porsche 75895 was the last one of the 6-wide to be added to the run, so it may run longer, but who knows. 

I would expect 75895 and the rest of the 6-wide to go EOL by spring 2021 with a new wave of 8-wide coming out about that time.

Just found this article re: Speed Champions in 2021: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-architecture-and-speed-champions-will-apparently-return-in-2021/

Back on topic- this Creator Porsche looks amazing.  Instantly recognizable.  I do wish the front wheel well would not be as flat, but hey, it's LEGO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Should have been red.  Just sayin'...

Il rosso è solo per la Ferrari.

I agree, white is rather bland, but Pale Yellow, Light Blue, Navy, and BRG are taken while the other Ferrari (and VW) are red.

It would have been awesome to see those in Teal or the salmon/coral color but I wouldnt think all the parts would be available.

Now Brown, then we can talk.

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Il rosso è solo per la Ferrari.

I agree, white is rather bland, but Pale Yellow, Light Blue, Navy, and BRG are taken while the other Ferrari (and VW) are red.

It would have been awesome to see those in Teal or the salmon/coral color but I wouldnt think all the parts would be available.

Now Brown, then we can talk.

As a kid, I always wanted a Guards Red Porsche.  I just loved the color.  It glowed.  

19 minutes ago, kouks said:

Think 42056 may drop in value (and remove potential value for 42096).

You might be right, but both 42056 and 42096 are different from one another and very different than this ?mid-70/80's? model 911. 

The closest LEGO set to this model would the Speed Champions 75895 (1974 - 911) like @ComicSpeed said.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Doth thine eyes spot an 80's Porsche 911? Time to start wearing my sunglasses at night once more while pushing it to the limit because LEGO's got the touch.

Lego finds a way to cancel one Beetle and still give us another. /Clarkson

In all seriousness though. I cant wait to see some of the MOC's that add a slantnose, whaletail, and other Porsche goodies. A Targa version will also be easily doable with enough black replacements.Who knows, maybe they will include that as an alternate build.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

... A Targa version will also be easily doable with enough black replacements.Who knows, maybe they will include that as an alternate build.

Stonewars claims that it will be 2-in-1 with options to build 911 Targa or Turbo version.

Edited by kaczy
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, kouks said:

I like the look of this!!   Think 42056 may drop in value (and remove potential value for 42096).

I don't think its going to make any one set drop in value as much as all these new cars are just going to limit all the other's potential.  Too many choices now.  No different than any other developing theme.  Early bird gets the worm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

with black accentd. This is what I vividly recall drooling over as a kid. 

1980 Porsche 911 Turbo Look, retro 80's, miami vice, low miles, original red  for sale: photos, technical specifications, description

Yep...Winner winner chicken dinner.

6 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I don't think its going to make any one set drop in value as much as all these new cars are just going to limit all the other's potential.  Too many choices now.  No different than any other developing theme.  Early bird gets the worm.

I think the value of the early ones will only go up because of the newer releases.  People will want them all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Lego finds a way to cancel one Beetle and still give us another. /Clarkson

In all seriousness though. I cant wait to see some of the MOC's that add a slantnose, whaletail, and other Porsche goodies. A Targa version will also be easily doable with enough black replacements.Who knows, maybe they will include that as an alternate build.

LEGO needs to provide accessory packs to convert this and the Mustang ...into convertibles...you know..for the cool kids

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

I think the value of the early ones will only go up because of the newer releases.  People will want them all.

I am more inclined to think the same...having more different (great) options within a theme will make them all more appealing

The Technic Orange Porsche was cool...seeing the bugatti made it better...once the Lambo came out...MUST HAVE 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, MrSam said:

Ohhh, looks great. I've only purchased about half of this line as they're pretty hit and miss. This one, to me, is a hit.

Might hold on tight to my 75895's too...

Same, I've only kept a few of the line but recently picked up the T1 and Beetle at 20% off on their way out the door. Now I find myself trying to complete the collection. 

Is there a definitive 'list' of what constitutes this line of vehicles? Some entries seem obvious, but others not so much:

• 10220: Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (2011)
  • 10242: MINI Cooper MK VII (2014)
  • 10248: Ferrari F40 (2015)
  • 10252: Volkswagen Beetle (2016)
  • 10258: London Bus (2017)
  • 10262: James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (2018)
  • 10265: Ford Mustang (2019)
  • 10271: Fiat 500 (2020)

And then we have these:

• 10274: Ghostbusters ECTO-1 (2020)
  • 10269: Harley-Davidson Fat Boy (2019)
  • 21307: Caterham Seven 620R (IDEAS 2017)
  • 10187: Volkswagen Beetle (2008)

So for the collectors, what is and is not part of the 'line'?