20% coupon good until 3/9/13 at TRU

mushedroom

Yup. One or the other. On rare occasions you can find someone at TRU who will do both but they aren't supposed to. I just left a TRU about 10 minutes ago and I asked while I was there. They won't combine the coupon with price match or any other deals.

TRU doesn't do both. It is one or the other.

i have been going to the customer service desk and showing them print outs of how cheap walmart and target sets are being sold and each time i've gotten the price match and the bogo 50% off (last week)

i don't see why 20% would be any different.

give it a try. i know i plan to.

i meant bring print outs reflecting walmart's cheaper prices compared to tru's prices.

and ask for a price match and then get the 20% coupon into the mix

They won't do both price match and coupon.

try it with the $20 discount for $75.00 or more.

also try bringing a print out the TRU online price.

i noticed that once the bogo sale was over they reduced a lot of their prices down to walmart/target prices

when i showed them that TRU online prices were the lower than their instore prices they gave me the price adjustment AND the 20.00 discount because i had 80.00 worth of merch.

Mushroom got super lucky then. Or has a tru with peeps that don't give a f. Just tried it and the buy said computer won't work. Manger came and said one discount only. Same with bogo last week for me

i wish i had friends that worked at TRU.

trust me guys i get the big fat NO a lot.

His luck might dry up when they lose their job.

well, since i have been getting these various discounts at various TRU's all over town, i doubt you can consider this "luck".

if that's the case then basically 12 managers/supervisors are going to be or have already been fired.

fyi:

i went to a store where TRU marked up OVER they're already marked up prices.

ie: lego minifigures: $3.19 / this "bump up" TRU store had them at $3.49...

i got the discount and bogo.

another example... the friends poly bags... regular prices $4.99 this store: $6.49...bogo discount given

even a few of their sets that were 20.00 over they price matched and gave bogo....

keep in mind i went to guest services each time...

NOT A CASHIER

That's great. Not hating. No need to get all worked up. This is prob the reason I stay away from forums. Gonna limit my posts again. Just sharing my experiences. I went to two both different. Manager actually came in both occasions to intervene and said no. And yes I went to guest services both times because the guest service was the cashier.

I don't think anyone is getting worked up in this thread. This forum is like no other on the internet, everyone is friendly and sometimes sarcastic but everyone is civil and respectful. Its the best forum in have ever been a part of.

I agree. This is actually the only place where discussions seem to be friendly at all times even when presenting different opinions. That's what keeps me visiting so often!

That's great. Not hating. No need to get all worked up. This is prob the reason I stay away from forums. Gonna limit my posts again. Just sharing my experiences. I went to two both different. Manager actually came in both occasions to intervene and said no. And yes I went to guest services both times because the guest service was the cashier.

you must be reading everything totally wrong.

no one's getting worked up here whatsoever.

i was just saying i get "no" many times.

and i'm just trying to share possible options for you to take advantage because if i'm constantly doing this at different TRU'S there's got to be something up and it's not luck...

juss sayin.

hope you can benefit from these tru discounts

I printed the coupon to use tomorrow.

I see online TRU shows Epic Battle at 99.00! Will stores be the same?

off that ain't a bad price for Epic battle

The store price will not be the same. I think this is priced at $129.99 in store. You can do a price match and they will match the online price but then you CAN'T use the 20% off coupon on top of that.

The store price will not be the same. I think this is priced at $129.99 in store. You can do a price match and they will match the online price but then you CAN'T use the 20% off coupon on top of that.

not true!!!

the coupon does not state you cannot use with price match.!!!

i did this last night!!!

bought another vampyre castle for 80.00

IN STORE was 119.99

i went to guest services told them that their online price was 99.99

and they matched then i gave them the coupon for 20% and the lady said NO sorry can't do it.

so i pressed her to scan and try and she did and VOILA it went through.

rule number one! BE PERSISTENT

rule number 2: BE NICE AND RESPECTFUL...

this will always result in better things for you as a customer trying to get the most value ;-)

not true!!!

the coupon does not state you cannot use with price match.!!!

i did this last night!!!

bought another vampyre castle for 80.00

IN STORE was 119.99

i went to guest services told them that their online price was 99.99

and they matched then i gave them the coupon for 20% and the lady said NO sorry can't do it.

so i pressed her to scan and try and she did and VOILA it went through.

rule number one! BE PERSISTENT

rule number 2: BE NICE AND RESPECTFUL...

this will always result in better things for you as a customer trying to get the most value ;-)

I think it all boils down to which TRU you go to.....