Lego Universe

Blackjack

I don't know how many of you played this, but I liked it. I was too stindgy to pay for it, but I scrounged my way up to level 26 on free to play. I thought it was really good for a computer game, and liked that you could build and pimp out your minifigure with all the sweet gear. I was just thinking that it would be great if Lego released it as a Wii/xbox game. It probably wouldn't have to MMO feature, but they could mod it as a regular game. What I would want most of all though, is a LU theme with sets from the game. They had so many different and unique locations and I think it would sell well with little kids. They could include a bunch of body pieces and weapons to make your own character, and include one suit of armor from one of the factions. Those suits ar SOOOOO cool looking and I think kids would love them. They could include Stromlings and Stromling Mechs in the sets and sell Stromling booster packs. Even kids who had never played the game would like it because it just looks plain awesome! Making sets with those customizable rockets would be sweet too. Hope this doesn't sound like the next Time Cruisers, *barf* :) What are your thoughts?

Wow.. I consider myself a gamer extraordinaire - having playing computer/console games for well over 30 years (40 years in a few years), starting with the original Pong, a passion I still have to this day (playing lately: "Lord of the Rings" LEGO Wii game). I've been in a couple of MMO/MMORPGS myself - Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, MTG:Online, among others. For some reason I never knew LEGO Universe exists. Well, I just went to check.. LEGO Universe is down for good? http://universe.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx

Wow.. I consider myself a gamer extraordinaire - having playing computer/console games for well over 30 years (40 years in a few years), starting with the original Pong, a passion I still have to this day (playing lately: "Lord of the Rings" LEGO Wii game). I've been in a couple of MMO/MMORPGS myself - Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, MTG:Online, among others.

For some reason I never knew LEGO Universe exists.

Well, I just went to check.. LEGO Universe is down for good? http://universe.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx

Sadly, yes. :( It opened in 2010 I think, and Free to Play started in august 2011 in an attempt to increase subscribers and save the game. It didn't work and the game was closed in february 2012.

I remeber getting a free CD from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home and then selling it on ebay for a few bucks. Sadly they ended it a few months later. Just glad the guy that got if from me didn't leave me negative feedback. I honestly didn't know that they were ending it or I wouldn't have sold it.

I too remember playing it in closed beta... Anyone else extensively test their chat censor filters? LOL

I remeber getting a free CD from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home and then selling it on ebay for a few bucks. Sadly they ended it a few months later. Just glad the guy that got if from me didn't leave me negative feedback. I honestly didn't know that they were ending it or I wouldn't have sold it.

He probably didn't leave a neg feedback because he was refunded money for the time he didn't get to play it (i.e subscription time after it LU goes under)

It was dissapointing how quickly they gave up on this MMO. It was barely online for a year, if even that.

It seemed to get shutdown after what felt like just moments going online.

What I would want most of all though, is a LU theme with sets from the game. They had so many different and unique locations and I think it would sell well with little kids. They could include a bunch of body pieces and weapons to make your own character, and include one suit of armor from one of the factions. Those suits ar SOOOOO cool looking and I think kids would love them. They could include Stromlings and Stromling Mechs in the sets and sell Stromling booster packs. Even kids who had never played the game would like it because it just looks plain awesome! Making sets with those customizable rockets would be sweet too.

This was a venue that I wished they had at least considered. The characters alone would have made great sets! I also think that if they had released actual sets before and when the game went online it could have helped get people interested enough to possibly subscribe or check it out in the first place.

One of the greatest ideas of a videogame is now pixels in the cyberwind.