off brand brick set value?

I know this may sound blasphemous, but i have been picking up a few off brand sets when they are dirt cheap on clearance. i have a few transformers licensed sets, and a few battleships from the named movie. right now they are going for msrp online and was wondering if anyone had considered making up a site like this for other brands, or perhaps adding other brands to this site? I cant help but think that they will increase in value and you cant tell me that a foot tall optimus prime that turns back into a semi isnt just a darn good toy. after all i saw that set featured as a top holiday gift in a few magazines in november

While I do not think the battleship ones will be worth anything. I agree with you on Optimus Prime...and the Star Trek sets coming out later this year. I have not be able to sell him, optimus prime, yet at MSRP, (I ended up returning all the Battleship.) I think if we continue this conversation we may get beat up or banned or both.... (

While I do not think the battleship ones will be worth anything. I agree with you on Optimus Prime...and the Star Trek sets coming out later this year. I have not be able to sell him, optimus prime, yet at MSRP, (I ended up returning all the Battleship.)

I think if we continue this conversation we may get beat up or banned or both....

(

I've already grabbed my flame and pitchfork, so yeah.

I know this may sound blasphemous, but i have been picking up a few off brand sets when they are dirt cheap on clearance. i have a few transformers licensed sets, and a few battleships from the named movie. right now they are going for msrp online and was wondering if anyone had considered making up a site like this for other brands, or perhaps adding other brands to this site? I cant help but think that they will increase in value and you cant tell me that a foot tall optimus prime that turns back into a semi isnt just a darn good toy. after all i saw that set featured as a top holiday gift in a few magazines in november

maybe you should check a tranformsers forum, maybe they can help you better price the garbage you are speaking of......on that note, I have actually considered getting into the collectible transformers business to make a few bucks. I hear there are some figures that can fetch a pretty penny in the secondary market. Also the production life of this stuff is way shorter than the run of an average Lego set so you would not have to sit on them as long. My buddy said there is some type of tranformer coming out that all the geeks are geeking over so I thought about buying 20 or 30 of them and selling them a bit down the road. My friend looked at me like I was stupid when in told him I was gonna do that. Buying them for 125 and selling them 2 years down the road for a little more than double seems like a solid investment to me.

I apologize, I am new to this site I will look for another forum that deals with these. Does anyone know if there's a playmobil forum ? I have a few pirate ships from a few years ago that are over double the original price now

No worries man we are just messing with ya a little. We don't mind non Lego talk here. I think this somehow relates anyway as we are talking about the aftermarket sale of toys. If you are a new member here welcome to the site by the way.

I apologize, I am new to this site I will look for another forum that deals with these. Does anyone know if there's a playmobil forum ? I have a few pirate ships from a few years ago that are over double the original price now

We were just kidding around. (: I have some old playmobil sets as well, but I don't know of any playmobil forums. (There has to one somewhere.) Btw, welcome to the site.

I haven't seen any new KRE-O sets at Wal-Mart OR Target anymore. Actually, there still is a bunch of KRE-O sets in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart that I swear they couldn't even give away! Man, no one wants these! Course it might help if they actually clearanced them at all. The price tags on each one is still the original retail.

• 2 months later...