Shuttle Muddle

Blackjack

First of let me apoligize for the rhyme. :) Ok, so I was looking at the 2010 set 10213 and 2011 set 10231 on Brickset, and can only find about four or five tiny differences between them. Does anyone know why Lego re-released it in 2011 with those almost imperceptable changes?

First of let me apoligize for the rhyme. :) Ok, so I was looking at the 2010 set 10213 and 2011 set 10231 on Brickset, and can only find about four or five tiny differences between them. Does anyone know why Lego re-released it in 2011 with those almost imperceptable changes?

I've the same curiosity

There was a design issue (it would fall apart) - Lego initially tried to resolve the issue with an alternate build & supplied an extra parts pack. It was bad enough though that Lego had to scrap the set & re-release it.

Some on here feel that the older, more rare 10213 will go for more money but I don't see it. This is the reason I don't see why, sure it was more rare, but it had a design flaw. I know some rare flaws can be worth a lot of money, but this one was produced too much for that kind of notoriety.

There was a design issue (it would fall apart) - Lego initially tried to resolve the issue with an alternate build & supplied an extra parts pack. It was bad enough though that Lego had to scrap the set & re-release it.

so is it the same to buy 10213 or 10231?