Jump to content

VOTE!


TANV
 Share

Recommended Posts

Before this thread gets locked, can I just state here that I am sick and tired of Covid, riots, politics( both parties and candidates), the Russians, the Chinese, sports games without fans, Dr. Fauci, wearing masks, death counters, flies, excuses that things cannot be done because of Covid, NJ Governor Murphy, remote learning, bad bank hours, poor theatrical releases and having to use hand sanitizer 100 times a day.  End of rant.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TANV said:

Oh wow. This thread is totally off the rails from what I originally posted. Uh...can we steer back to Not-COVID topics? I'm sure we have a thread for that somewhere...

What did you expect with creating a thread about voting?   Seriously as this is a web site about toys.
 

When I originally saw this thread, I thought it was going to be about Lego.  E.g. vote on a favorite set.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I do not see any actions, taken or not taken, since April as a mistake. The most susceptible should be strictly quarantining until a vaccine becomes available. And I get it, that does stink if you are among those who need to do that. But driving our country further and further into debt by borrowing from our future generations to pay for rent/living expenses/business leases/expenses for every American just seems absurd to me. The welfare state of our country is already obscene, we don't need to further encourage it by providing free paychecks for nothing imo.

 

I am against handouts in general.  but what do you think of aid to industries hit the hardest like flight attendants, restaurant workers, hotel clean-up crews?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Before this thread gets locked, can I just state here that I am sick and tired of Covid, riots, politics( both parties and candidates), the Russians, the Chinese, sports games without fans, Dr. Fauci, wearing masks, death counters, flies, excuses that things cannot be done because of Covid, NJ Governor Murphy, remote learning, bad bank hours, poor theatrical releases and having to use hand sanitizer 100 times a day.  End of rant.

 

JoT9Qw.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I am against handouts in general.  but what do you think of aid to industries hit the hardest like flight attendants, restaurant workers, hotel clean-up crews?

In general I am anti-bailout, however, this is a unique situation in that the gov't forced businesses to shutdown.  In this instance I think it is the gov't responsibility to help those business that it forced to close.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our company has just released a 2 year plan for work from home for the 95% and the same firm Social distancing and mask policies for essentials.  Let that soak in for a minute, another 2 years and who knows maybe longer. Colleges are canceling left and right.  It’s time to start shifting the conversation toward the long term...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Our company has just released a 2 year plan for work from home for the 95% and the same firm Social distancing and mask policies for essentials.  Let that soak in for a minute, another 2 years and who knows maybe longer. Colleges are canceling left and right.  It’s time to start shifting the conversation toward the long term...

I read your post with such sadness. I'm in nursing school currently, and will finish in August of 2021 (would have been April, but Covid cancelled summer). The only benefit to this is my lectures are all online and recorded, the big problem is that nursing involves many different skills that I need to practice in person. I'm only able to schedule an hour every other week to go in to do so. Only 2 and a half more semesters to go.

image.png.c7ab653731758a47c99057aef92ebcfa.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I read your post with such sadness. I'm in nursing school currently, and will finish in August of 2021 (would have been April, but Covid cancelled summer). The only benefit to this is my lectures are all online and recorded, the big problem is that nursing involves many different skills that I need to practice in person. I'm only able to schedule an hour every other week to go in to do so. Only 2 and a half more semesters to go.

image.png.c7ab653731758a47c99057aef92ebcfa.png

Terrible to read and I couldn't imagine what it is like for the millions of grads that recently graduated last Spring to those about to graduate next Spring.  What is there to look forward too?  How does anyone land a job these days w/ decent pay nonetheless when there are millions already w/o jobs that JUST had jobs 8 months ago.  And companies are going to be very very very careful about expanding w/o the confidence in the economy to do so.  Part of my job is to get capital into businesses to create jobs. We are not talking your mom and pop business, these are million dollar developments with very large impacts.  The market for this is dry as can be as businesses are simply not willing to take the chance anymore.  Some have cancelled their plans in USA and put their capital into countries that are combating the virus much better.  This is reality.

I posted something on social media.  Just a flat out question.  

Would you rather do 30-45 days of the strictest lock down possible that allowed for everyone to be financially okay with stimulus and of course other necessities.  Or another 210 days, maybe more, maybe less of what we currently are dealing with?

As someone else posted above.. All these months have gone by and there has been jacko done to even "try" to contain this.  

Also, thank god the "terrorist" group in Michigan were thwarted.  I can't imagine the chaos that would have caused.  Are they looking for a civil war?  How dumb to have that mentality to think "this will help" and they would be heroes.  Sad...........

Take care everyone.  Vote Vote Vote. :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Terrible to read and I couldn't imagine what it is like for the millions of grads that recently graduated last Spring to those about to graduate next Spring.  What is there to look forward too?  How does anyone land a job these days w/ decent pay nonetheless when there are millions already w/o jobs that JUST had jobs 8 months ago.  And companies are going to be very very very careful about expanding w/o the confidence in the economy to do so. 

I work at a Fortune 500 company (100K employees worldwide: mainly in construction infrastructure [bridges, dams, and usually the tallest buildings in a skyline type of work])

we had an unexpected round of layoffs...I've been with them for almost 10 years so witnessed my share of layoffs...but all of them were , IMO trimming fat to better align w/ markets....this one though had my jaw dropping...we lost ACTUAL talent this time...I'm almost afraid to ask if so and so is still around... 

Other than a handful of companies that over weigh the rest of the market (Dow, S&P, and NASDAQ are super misleading)...the economy is taking a serious beating And the other shoe hasn't dropped yet...evictions & foreclosures. Fannie & Freddie are in a huge cash raising frenzy to survive the forthcoming tidal wave of foreclosures. Honestly think the pain of 2020 may be the "good 'ol days" this time next year.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2020 at 3:51 AM, exracer327 said:

When Abraham Lincoln was elected president in 1860 there were four candidates running for President.  Three of them were from various Democratic Parties.  Lincoln was from the newly formed Republican party, which was anti-slavery.  The Republican party was so new (and not popular in the southern states) that Lincoln did not gain enough signatures to even show up on the ballot for president in seven southern states.  Lincoln finished dead last of the four candidates in another three states (all slave-owning).  Lincoln easily won the electoral college and popular vote in a land-slide (Lincoln's totals were greater than the other three candidates added together).  So you can imagine the shock of the seven southern slave-owning states when someone who wasn't even on their ballot was pronounced the President of the USA.  This is why they seceded from the union before Lincoln was even sworn into office saying, "He's not my president".  The other three states seceded shortly after the first seven.  Those 10 states made up the confederacy.

The above is fascinating. I had no idea that was how Lincoln won the election. No wonder the south revolted. My sister is a black woman and I'm not saying that in a way that agrees with the South. But it makes more sense knowing that was how Lincoln won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2020 at 3:40 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I think one question is - what is significant?

From Factcheck.org....   Between 2000 to 2012 the total number of fraud cases was just 491.   

So that's 4 election cycles. About 60% of US population votes for prez. About 325 million people in US. That's about 190 million votes per cycle. 491 divided by 4 is 122. So on average (these are very rough numbers but even very rough numbers at least gives you an idea about the amount of fraud that happens) there is 122 fraud votes per 190 million votes. Less than 1 fraud vote per million votes. According to factcheck.org.     Trump fears he's going to lose bigly and he's just setting the stage to try to contest the election. The man doesn't even know how to tell the truth so why believe him now. He even lies when he doesn't need to lie.  Ok I'm done here. I know people's minds are made up already. But he's had his chance and he'd failed miserably. It's time for a new leader to take a turn. I'm ready for a leader with some compassion for others.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...