9449 - Ultra Sonic Raider

Quacs

With all the planned 2015 sets and the upcoming movie, this set (along with a few others) should do alright in the long-term. Just expect steady and maybe slower growth.

While my son and I are fans of the cartoon and sets, I'm not a fan of this one although the minifigs included are pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Until about two weeks ago, I thought Ninjago had been a waste of my cash, but, in the UK at least, things are really picking up.

I don't know for sure, but I think it could be related to Ninjago now being shown on Sky on the Cartoon Network here.  I've never seen it on there before.  (It was on Netflix.)   Having now seen the show, I can see how certain sets could be worth lots down the line, especially as it appears to be overlooked by most investors!

• 4 months later...

This is such a dangerous set. Anytime I am trying to reorganize my stash or pull out something to put together and if I catch even one little glimpse of this Ninjago set, my mind goes "I so have to build this like right now". Man I love ninjas....and snakes....and skeleton dudes....and cyber ninjas....and the current snake guys "not endorsed by the terrorist group called Cobra". ;)

Thrilled to recently unload for $90 the two I picked up last year for $40ish...

I sold my sets 55% above RRP and a remake has not been revealed for 2015 yet, so I guess it can perform better than $90.

Of course here it has been unavailable online since spring 2014 so it does make more sense.

I sold my sets 55% above RRP and a remake has not been revealed for 2015 yet, so I guess it can perform better than $90.

Of course here it has been unavailable online since spring 2014 so it does make more sense.

I built this set with my son last year. This is def one of those sets probably purchased just for the minifigs. Isn't this still the only Ninjago set to in life all 4 of them? Python is also pretty cool (no idea why he's not in the EDB set).

Too bad the ninjas are refreshed so often (like the superheroes). I just don't see much demand for the set has more and more vehicles have been released since this one.

The tank / plane itself is so-so.

It's funny, I have come full circle on these. Liked them as investments at the start, was ready to dump when they released the robot series, but now am more optimistic for a couple of reasons.

1. Going back to the snake-ish theme. The green box sets are a nice match with the new ones now that look to be more of a classic ninja style.

2. The movie, which of course is a wild card, but maybe we'll see the four-headed dragon again.

I think I might list them soon.  The only green box Ninjago I have left are EDB and this.  I think EDB will jump also once it disappears.  It might be a short jump, but MSRP isn't out of the question.

I got a bunch dirt cheap at Walmart a few months back.  Something like 75% off.  I considering parting these guys out, but I think I'm just going to get them up for sale sometime in the next month or so.  I'm happy to let these guys go.

I got a bunch dirt cheap at Walmart a few months back.  Something like 75% off.  I considering parting these guys out, but I think I'm just going to get them up for sale sometime in the next month or so.  I'm happy to let these guys go.

I would keep them if I were you. Wait for Xmas.