9449 - Ultra Sonic Raider

Quacs

I have been waiting for this set to come down a little in price, and am thinking about springing for a few on Amazon now that they are $10 under MSRP. I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a strong seller after EOL for the following reasons: 1. It has all of the ninjas and all of the golden weapons. Good to purchase as a "one stop shop" for the theme. 2. Set is actually two vehicles in one - plane breaks away from the tank. 3. It has a Pythor mini-fig exclusive. The only downside I see is that it's on the expensive side for vehicles. I have noticed (empirically) they are harder to find at the retailers than before Christmas. Thoughts on investment potential?

There is a Walmart near me that literally has over 50 of these on their shelves (makes me wonder how many are in the back!).

While the minifigures are good it is one of the least popular Ninjago sets. I would want a bigger discount than $10 off on this set.

The Amazon tracker shows the lowest this set has been listed for is $59. Do you think that's too much also?

It also shows the sales ranking of USR, and it's 353 (I assume that's among lego sets). That's a really low number.

the day after xmas all of my walmarts had this on clearance for $54. there are none left anywhere. i am surprised to hear that a walmart has approx 50 of these on the shelf still. apparently all walmarts do not mark down the same merchandise at the same time.

I have yet to see any Lego set on clearance at either of the two Walmarts near where I live. They will occasionally put a red sticker on a Lego set and mark it down 2 cents and put it with the clearance items. I have seen that on two Lego sets.

I have yet to see any Lego set on clearance at either of the two Walmarts near where I live. They will occasionally put a red sticker on a Lego set and mark it down 2 cents and put it with the clearance items. I have seen that on two Lego sets.

yeah, they do that at mine as well (the batcave is currently on "clearance" for $69.99 and marked with a red tag), but the day after xmas most of mine had some pretty good discounts. ghost trains and ultrasonic raiders for $54, space shuttles for $15, ambulance for $10, werewolfs for $12, mummy for $7, catwoman for $9, and police copter for $35 were all some that i stocked up on. funny thing though...a few weeks after xmas, they all still had ghost trains in stock and they were all back to normal retail of $79. weird...

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to create a brand new thread to ask you guys if I should get this set, but there's currently a guy selling a NISB one on my local CL for 45 bucks. I know very little about Ninjago and normally wouldn't buy them but this set is basically half off so I'm wondering if it would be a worthwhile investment.

apparently all walmarts do not mark down the same merchandise at the same time.

No kidding....

I have a small amount of Lego in my Walmart's clearance aisle with the red tags on them but they are still at retail! I can't even get them budge on these things at all. Even on the ones with 'questionable' boxes. I still scan them just to check everytime but they still come up for full price. Perhaps one of these days just maybe.

Anyway, I am surprised to hear any of this set still lingering on shelves. It and almost all 2012 Ninjago sets are completely removed from my stores.

Didn't want to create a brand new thread to ask you guys if I should get this set, but there's currently a guy selling a NISB one on my local CL for 45 bucks. I know very little about Ninjago and normally wouldn't buy them but this set is basically half off so I'm wondering if it would be a worthwhile investment.

i'd buy it at that price for sure. it should sell well during the holiday season. i was fortunate enough to come across 5 of these on clearance at shopko for $35/each a few weeks ago. definatley did not pass them up, but i would have bought them at $45 too. ****** it up!

i'd buy it at that price for sure. it should sell well during the holiday season. i was fortunate enough to come across 5 of these on clearance at shopko for $35/each a few weeks ago. definatley did not pass them up, but i would have bought them at $45 too. ****** it up!

I'm supposed to meet him today, so we will see how it goes. He's claiming to be selling some other large sets, so I just said "bring em' all" lol. When it comes to Craigslist though, I never get my hopes up too high because people love to flake or get distracted by a better offer. I'll believe it when the items are in my hands.

• 7 months later...

I agree, Ed.  The minifigures are great on this set with every ninja included along with an exclusive snake general, Pythor.  The tank is slick too, with a detachable plane in tow.  I will be looking for a couple more of these at a nice discount.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...