76161 - 1989 Batwing

Alpinemaps

40 minutes ago, JimboJet said:

Mach 1 cruise, Mach 2 max is plenty fast to patrol Gotham City.  Gonna break all the windows at those speeds.

Fixed it for you.  lol

Mar. 5, 1962 a B-58 Hustler set the then speed record  (ROUND TRIP) LA to NYC and back again to LA in 4 hrs 42 minutes (avg. speed 1214 MPH - going east, and avg. of 1081 MPH returning to LA.  They had to slow down to 540 MPH to refuel each direction.)  They could track the flight path by the reported broken windows going from coast to coast.  Between the B-58 setting speed records over the USA and the competition for a civilian SST (I.E. Concord) the USA outlawed supersonic flight over the continental USA in 1973.  So technically, the Batwing is illegal.  lol

Knowing the required design for the wings in order to achieve Mach 1+, I'm not sure the Batwing could accomplish it.  But it is a comic book so what does science have to do with it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

LEGO didn't give Joker a revolver with an extended rifle barrel?  It's one of the best scenes in the whole movie - 1 shot with a big revolver.

I like the beat box guy but would have like Bob with his fedora better.  Although I suppose LEGO didn't want kids reenacting Joker shooting him after Batman flies away with Joker's poison balloons. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

was hoping for a more sophisticated wall mount than a hole cut-out of the seat area

I absolutely agree with you about the disappointment that the wall mounting is just a plastic piece with a hole in it.  I realize it is not supposed to be moving or stressed, but what is supposed to happen and does happen are not always the same thing.

And while we're at it, the stand is weird as well.  The guy in the video kept displaying it with the plaque to the back side.  Something isn't making sense there.  I suspect it should be displayed pointing to the side like the UCS A-Wing.  The mounting (wall and stand) are the main points that did not impress me.  I don't like that it uses rubber bands either but the rest of it looks really good and it's huge.