77906 - Wonder Woman

odysea11

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.13 AM.png

LEGO® DC Wonder Woman™ (77906) brings together 3 classic characters from the Wonder Woman comic book in a buildable, play-and-display action scene. Hands-on Wonder Woman display set Superhero fans of any age can build their own recreation of a superhero battle between Wonder Woman™ and Cheetah™ – as seen on the cover of the classic Wonder Woman comic. As the model features the same iconic characters as the Wonder Woman 1984 movie – Wonder Woman and Cheetah – it's also the ideal gift for fans of the blockbuster movie. The 3 collectible minifigures are displayed in an outdoor environment set on a sturdy base. The completed model will add a great conversation piece to any room. Popular action minifigure toys from LEGO DC LEGO DC construction toys let children role-play as their favorite characters in good vs. evil conflicts to save the world! With legendary super heroes and cool gadgets, LEGO DC building sets make great gifts for kids, inspiring individual and group play that never ends.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/wonder-woman-77906

Limit 3, Pre order, ships Oct 1, 2020

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Does anybody know more info on the release of the Wonder Woman Comic Con set today on LEGO? I can't find any info on what time they will be live (probably on purpose)...

as near as I can tell it's around 10am PT.  Could be 9am - 11am is my best guess to coincide with the Wonder Woman 1987 panel of DC FanDome

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

What's the special deal with this?

This, feels a lot like an unused SDCC set. Obviously comic con gets cancelled, DC Fandome gets launched and DC Fandome suddenly has an exclusive supergirl minifigure and a Wonder Woman set. Both in the same format of the usual comic con sets.

SOOOO my best guess is that these two were the planned sets for Comic Con originally. Now that begs the question if Marvel had plans too 🤔

2 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

This, feels a lot like an unused SDCC set. Obviously comic con gets cancelled, DC Fandome gets launched and DC Fandome suddenly has an exclusive supergirl minifigure and a Wonder Woman set. Both in the same format of the usual comic con sets.

SOOOO my best guess is that these two were the planned sets for Comic Con originally. Now that begs the question if Marvel had plans too 🤔

Thx for sharing.  Does anyone know if it's a unique mold or anything because wonder woman doesn't sell that well.  The TRU exclusive I bought from first movie.. sells like ooze....

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.46.13 AM.png

LEGO® DC Wonder Woman™ (77906) brings together 3 classic characters from the Wonder Woman comic book in a buildable, play-and-display action scene. Hands-on Wonder Woman display set Superhero fans of any age can build their own recreation of a superhero battle between Wonder Woman™ and Cheetah™ – as seen on the cover of the classic Wonder Woman comic. As the model features the same iconic characters as the Wonder Woman 1984 movie – Wonder Woman and Cheetah – it's also the ideal gift for fans of the blockbuster movie. The 3 collectible minifigures are displayed in an outdoor environment set on a sturdy base. The completed model will add a great conversation piece to any room. Popular action minifigure toys from LEGO DC LEGO DC construction toys let children role-play as their favorite characters in good vs. evil conflicts to save the world! With legendary super heroes and cool gadgets, LEGO DC building sets make great gifts for kids, inspiring individual and group play that never ends.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/wonder-woman-77906

Limit 3, Pre order, ships Oct 1, 2020

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

I'd say you're correct.  It definitely follows the look and feel of the SDCC packaging of sets from the last couple of years (e.g., Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Millennium Falcon cockpit, Batman 80th, etc).

Rather than make this exclusive, and have to hear the complaints from everyone who couldn't get one, making it a preorder so they can figure out how many sets to produce is a great idea.  I'm sure it was probably their usual production run (2000? 5000?) originally, but with COVID and virtual cons, they can expand it out to everyone.

And I agree - I wonder what will happen to the Marvel exclusive.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

I'd say you're correct.  It definitely follows the look and feel of the SDCC packaging of sets from the last couple of years (e.g., Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Millennium Falcon cockpit, Batman 80th, etc).

Rather than make this exclusive, and have to hear the complaints from everyone who couldn't get one, making it a preorder so they can figure out how many sets to produce is a great idea.  I'm sure it was probably their usual production run (2000? 5000?) originally, but with COVID and virtual cons, they can expand it out to everyone.

And I agree - I wonder what will happen to the Marvel exclusive.

Yea, the odd thing is its available at Walmart too lol. 

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

yep, I'd say that's right. Just got an email saying the shipment of this is delayed because it's OOS...even though ships Oct 1 and it shows in stock on LEGO Shop.

Edited by joch29

I just spoke to a rep (forgot to add on something small to get my Lambo to ship). After adding my small gifts, she told me that this Wonder Woman Set AND the Bespin set were both originally supposed to be SDCC 2020 exclusives but they had to obviously rethink the distribution. She said they make these sets 6 months prior so they've already made a good chunk of Wonder Woman, BUT they are also doing the preorder system to gauge if they need to make more!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, joch29 said:

yep, I'd say that's right. Just got an email saying the shipment of this is delayed because it's OOS...even though ships Oct 1 and it shows in stock on LEGO Shop.

LEGO does that with preorders.  I got those same emails with the Mandalorian Brickheadz set preorder, and the Razor Crest set preorder.

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGO does that with preorders.  I got those same emails with the Mandalorian Brickheadz set preorder, and the Razor Crest set preorder.

I guess I never noticed the emails.  I realized from scatttcat post that I forgot to get a cheap item in stock to get the Lambo... ugh.

3 hours ago, scatttcat said:

(forgot to add on something small to get my Lambo to ship).

HA, I've been in the game for years now and I just forgot too, Oops.  Even after reading your post earlier! I'd call myself a derogatory name but I'm not sure if that's PC. I mean who am I to make fun of myself? Some master overlord of my brain!?!🤪

For me, there are still tons of those promos at Walmart and I really don’t care about it. So no biggie if it’s there or not in October

However - the advice to add a keychain etc is very sound when you care about the promo. Like a quick flip (see above) or wanting to make sure you’ve got one for yourself.