75978 - Diagon Alley (2020)

HandyHand

I guess because of covid there aren't any local buyers in my area for LEGO this year. I let both of mine go for $380 each and they were still up on Offerup/CL/Facebook for a month before selling. Having similar issues with Disney Castles. I picked up 6 of them for $240 each and I cant even get $300 for them this year. For comparison the past thee years in a row I've sold 5-6 every November for $450+ so I'm not sure what is going on with my area.

Doesn't feel like people are buying the large sets right now. All of my cheaper ones are flying off the shelves, though. Only took me a week to unload the 20 Hagrids I had for $50 each locally.

Diagon Alley was a letdown for me, though, and the only saving grace was that the GWP + points brought my cost down nearly $100 on each.

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been keeping up with lego lately so pro tips needed. Saw this set at the lego store on display and it looks pretty awesome. Watched the reviews and mostly good except for the stickers. Was thinking about placing a BO now at S&H to get the two promos. 

1. Has this set been sold anywhere else in the USA and any discounts or don’t be cheap and pay the $400?

2. Will they ship the promos now (Ideas car and Book) or wait for set to ship and risk them being OOS? Does the add a HP keychain trick still work to get them shipped now?

thanks 

Haven’t been keeping up with lego lately so pro tips needed. Saw this set at the lego store on display and it looks pretty awesome. Watched the reviews and mostly good except for the stickers. Was thinking about placing a BO now at S&H to get the two promos. 

1. Has this set been sold anywhere else in the USA and any discounts or don’t be cheap and pay the $400?
2. Will they ship the promos now (Ideas car and Book) or wait for set to ship and risk them being OOS? Does the add a HP keychain trick still work to get them shipped now?
thanks 
It has been on and off available at LL California
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

thanks 

1.  has been for sale at msrp at legoland website but sold out.

2.  they do seem to hold promos for later when its backordered inconsistently and/or ship them now but i always order something like a keychain or $9.99 monkey kid brickheadz ($29.64 lowest price on amazon) to make sure i get it now and scratch that quick flip itch.

i am also contemplating the same as i run out of hp sets to purchase.  surprised the promo is lasting this long with the double stack.  guessing many people are limited from prior promos.

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cladner said:

1.  has been for sale at msrp at legoland website but sold out.

2.  they do seem to hold promos for later when its backordered inconsistently and/or ship them now but i always order something like a keychain or $9.99 monkey kid brickheadz ($29.64 lowest price on amazon) to make sure i get it now and scratch that quick flip itch.

i am also contemplating the same as i run out of hp sets to purchase.  surprised the promo is lasting this long with the double stack.  guessing many people are limited from prior promos.

Thanks, order placed. Plus I saw what the complete set of Minifigs are going for on eBay so will just part them out. 
Monkey King don’t even know what that is  

E1224ED6-3D38-4201-9D32-0420983A2779.png

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Thanks, order placed. Plus I saw what the complete set of Minifigs are going for on eBay so will just part them out. 
Monkey King don’t even know what that is  

not sure wtf is up with this theme and why it is soooo not being promoted in us/north america.  i would have probably named this satanmech.  pretty cool looking stuff.  sorry for set bombing the diagon alley thread lol.

80010-1.jpg?20200515084180010

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Want to pick this up before it retires... seeing proposed retirement is 2024 so for now I have some time to keep dragging my feet.  It will be for personal build so price is why I'm stalling.  Any guesses if this will ever make it's way to other retailers or staying exclusive to Lego?  Honey has $40 back and sailboat promo may be the best deal on it at this point?