LORD OF THE RINGS COLLECTION SPECIAL!

Ed Mack

Of note, I purchased the collection separately on 5/20 or so, and e-mailed them about the fact that my timing was horrific once this sale came out, and they refunded me the 19.99 difference in price and added 300 VIP points to my account. Not quite "double" what I should have gotten but certainly nothing to sneeze at. Very impressed with Lego customer service!

• 1 month later...

The LOTR sets haven't even been released in my country yet and The Hobbit movie release date edges all that closer. It makes sense to buy the 'collection' offered on the LEGO site due to the savings, etc. I'm trying to evaluate whether we see a renewed interest in the LOTR (and a subsequent surge in sales of LEGO LOTR sets) once The Hobbit movie hits the big sreen. I believe that we will have a renewed interest - in all things connected to the LOTR franchise. My bet is on a Hobbit set where Bilbo gives Frodo the 'ring', and that would tie in nicely with Shelob Attacks where we 'see' another ring. The ring afterall makes the LOTR. Probably best to take advantage of the LEGO site deal now.

• 1 month later...