LEGO Star Wars May the Fourth, 2020 edition.

https://click.linksynergy.com/link?id%3DjfOcdvfTNg4%26offerid%3D721845.10000089%26type%3D3%26murl=https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/star-wars-day-deals

I was def hoping for some sales.  2x VIP points is “ok” despite the new system.  The micro Death Star II set is cool but really could have included an exclusive minifig like w/ the micro Harry Potter and Avengers Tower sets.  Where are the sales though?  At least previous May 4th sales were bad but they were something.  The last decent May 4th sale was in 2013 with the $99.99 10227 UCS B-Wing.

5C3796FF-B8EF-4081-B5F0-61BF94013CFD.jpeg

I decided to buy the Tantive IV today (despite having 10198 already) as the combo of double VIP, the mini build, £25 in VIP vouchers to redeem, and (pending) 8% cashback is a decent enough combination. Irritatingly, I've since found that there is also a mystery gift promo when paying with Paypal (not sure if this is also available in the USA). 

You're right though, it's pretty poor to have no discounts on sets people actually want.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I guess we won't get a UCS AT-AT this fall... what could it be?

It surprised me that there will be no Gunship, instead we get another AAT & Grievous Starfighter... maybe we get the UCS Gunship this year?

Gunship won the "UCS vote" Lego held a few months back. Soooo.....perhaps a Gunship next?

Agreed, this year is a bust.  Only set I wanted (and bought) was the UCS A-Wing.  The fact that once I got onto the website and had no problems making a purchase tells me no one was really buying anything significant last night.

I did notice the Death Star came back from out of stock, to in stock, to backorder within a matter of about an hour.

4 minutes ago, legoray01 said:

I cant even convince myself to make a purchase

Same here. I was ready to spend some money for the personal collection, just because I’m bored and we’re making it a fun Star Wars weekend for the family and I wanted some personal builds for after the kids went to bed. Cant justify buying anything really, which is kind of a bummer.

Edited by thegraverobber

I only made two orders, preordering the Razor Crest in one and the Mando BH in the other. Threw some small accessory packs in with both orders to make sure the promos shipped now while I wait for the preorders. I planned on placing a few more orders but not without any discounts.

Just now, Dr Jedi said:

Given the overall crappiness of this sale, I wonder if we won't see depressed numbers of this GWP on the secondary market?  Could make this GWP a sneaky good set.

It's not like they destroy them, they're already made. It just means they will be unloading them forever.

5002947-1.png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

Given the overall crappiness of this sale, I wonder if we won't see depressed numbers of this GWP on the secondary market?  Could make this GWP a sneaky good set.

Issue is, the GWP is also really crappy. It's been panned on all of the YouTube channels I've seen review it so this seems to be the consensus opinion. I certainly wouldn't want it in my own collection.