Monkie Kid 2020

Not sure about this range, looks like a mix of Ninjago, hidden side and overwach.

Think aim would be to get more ground in China, d2c might help them as they don't have to deal with local retailers. Maybe also cannibalizing ninjago on the long term, as this series runs for ages?

Anyway think most of the sets dont have new great concepts. Also lego d2c is not really known for good discount.

Maybe will stock up on the mech if there will be a good discount. Overall don't really believe in this.

Edited by Struikrover3

2 hours ago, s2k said:

Well, America, we had a hell of a run. Get use to the new reality of China being the super power.

The means of production are all geared to feed this new beast. It starts with our toys and God knows what will come next...

625249F4-56C3-4E2F-9B82-D0AD7D94C826.png

Since when did the COVID thread open back up??

Why cant these just be looked at as cool LEGO sets? If these were still region locked, the conversation would be a lot different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Why cant these just be looked at as cool LEGO sets? If these were still region locked, the conversation would be a lot different.

I can only imagine if this whole theme wasn't open to buyers in the U.S.

As soon as there is a cool $99+ GWP, I'm picking up the mech for a personal build. 

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yeah, the newer adaptations of Monkey King use stylized sticks as weapon

37c810e5ca2b2b5a3addc9db2778ea79--monkey

whereas the older ones just use regular ol stick(s)

1.jpg

Ah now i know: I have been in Vietnam several years ago and that series was everywhere 24/7, if its the same in china, that could be a wise Investment for the long run, but its a gamble. I think I will be going with safer bets.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, BrickU said:

Anyone have any idea on if this line will make it to online or in stores in the states?  Is this exclusive to the Asian Market in stores?  Is this online only.  Confused and intrigued at the same time.

not regional...has been available at US LEGO Shop at Home since the release...occasional TOOS on the main mech set, but otherwise seems to be Ninjago-esque in many ways 

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

So... Can I get some of you heavy hitters; thoughts on this theme if you are willing to share?

The first wave is retiring, they've been on discount at my area LEGO store for 20% off. The little sets seem to have sold out over the last month or so, the big sets are still hanging around.

Is anyone going deep on these at this, or any other pricing? Will they be able to be sold on AMAZON at any point?

Any thoughts at all? Anyone? Buehler?

5 hours ago, Achilles said:

So... Can I get some of you heavy hitters; thoughts on this theme if you are willing to share?

The first wave is retiring, they've been on discount at my area LEGO store for 20% off. The little sets seem to have sold out over the last month or so, the big sets are still hanging around.

Is anyone going deep on these at this, or any other pricing? Will they be able to be sold on AMAZON at any point?

how you know they retiring?

Yawn. Maybe good, maybe not...I haven't bought a single one and don't see that changing. There are much better sets to spend money on.
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...