COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

I'll add to the conversation that I had to get the Anthrax vaccine for many years and every time I got my annual booster I'd have severe adverse reactions. I was required to continue getting it per the government based on what was believed to be real world threats and my job.

I, as many in the military, were never truly at risk of contact. That and the fact that military members are pin cushions for vaccines has made me adverse to adding to the list of required shots I'm required to get annually or per the cycle of the vaccine. 

Many of my current and retired buddies would rather roll the dice with Covid over getting another government required shot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I initially wanted to believe he was against the deep state but his presidency felt more like a WWF show. 

It's always been the WWF. How people cannot see that now is beyond me. Politicians are punching bags by design. Lightning rods to absorb energy. There is a reason every president is so polarizing. It's by design. The magicians sleight of hand. You can't have the plebeians looking beyond the surface level and run a civilization. 

Its red team blue team. Pick you side and cheer them on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

I've gone back and forth on feelings on it all.   While the numbers 600k did count comorbidities and according to CDC charts I read awhile back 80% plus were from 2 or more, the most recent doctors I've asked about vaccine questions say the numbers are well over a million if they were properly reported.  Never gonna know the exacts.   I pulled up some individual hospitals and the numbers in some didn't even add up correctly.  

Out of this recent "delta" wave a lot more people I personally know have gotten it.   One died and was a relative on wifes side.  Older 68 years old no pre-existing conditions and pretty heatlhy overall.  Was admitted July 15th or so and died Aug 2nd or 3rd.   Died from kidney failure.  Kidneys were perfectly healthy when admitted.  Stayed in 2.5 weeks.  Was intubated the last 4 days and passed away.   His wife also got it and was fairly sick but not hospitalized and son in 40s got it and had nothing.  Small town in FL where most probably don't believe in covid at all and most are unvaxxed.  Got it at a funeral they attended.

Other friend that was unvaxxed just lost the taste / smell (mainly the taste part) couldn't keep food down and was back to normal pretty soon.

Those all in the last few weeks and all in FL.  

Out of the rest of the time of covid pre delta only knew one personal friend that had got it and was pretty mild overall.

Then all my health stuff started while they were rolling out so been figuring out what to do.   Wife and Kid got first shot today and I'm going ahead next Friday (have a heart MRI midweek and wanted all the tests done before scheduling).

Figure with the multitude of weird **** my body has going on I really can't cause anymore damage then I have from no apparent reason.  Last 2 doctors convinced me pretty well there is no disadvantage of me getting it.   Probably will do the antibody test afterwards to see if my immune system has any response to them.   I'm still not on anything to suppress it more so interested to see with the low cd4 score if it takes.

As far as my diagnosis after getting one a lot more information came from these last few visits and looks like it might not be over.   Glad they are confirming before treating and after reading some of what they suggest it is definitely a possiblity.  Luckily from the new echo and carotid ultrasound it looks like the heart and carotids are ok and no issues but the MRI will be the full test.  Also wearing a heart monitor for a week so we shall see but preliminary findings look like the sarcoid is not affecting the heart.   Had the biopsy on my calf as well and very curious if it comes back Sarcoid or Vasculitis which has been brought into the picture again.  I definitely have classic sarcoidosis that isn't in question but the neurological events might not be.

My dad had sarcoidosis. Suffered through it for several months (low grade fever, malaise, weight loss). Doctors were terrible about diagnosing it. I forget the treatment he received that finally helped. PM me if you want me to ask him any questions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

Mass media is doing everything they can to shame those that haven't received the vaccine but I'd be amazed if I ever heard someone tell an obese person to shed some weight. 

How contagious is Obesity? 

9 hours ago, spener90 said:

I still think it is imperative that people begin to take better take care of themselves. If you smoke, figure out a plan to stop. Drink in moderation. Exercise frequently, even just a 30 minute walk will be great. And try to minimize the processed foods, instead eat fruits and veggies, and whole grains. It will leave you far better prepared for the virus whether you have the vaccine or not.

This is the most palatable thing written throughout the entire debate.  Most importantly the bolded part.👏 The only thing I would add is drink more water. Even if you think you drink enough, drink more.  Your body will thank you later.

18 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I like the peeing meme way better than this one; at least that one provided a truthful message without misleading absolutes.

Is it this one?!?

Still unclear on the value of masks? Let the pee meme explain

13 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Delta originated in India and and there's a whole world (mostly 3rd world) out there not even close to a reasonable vaccination rate.  The numbers say more variants are inevitable and most likely will originate from another country...

Florida also currently has all the right variables for another variant to immerge.

I read a concerning report led by Michigan and later included, Illinois, New York & Pennsylvania.  Covid antibodies are starting to turn up in wild deer populations.  Of the deceased deer surveyed, 60% tested positive.  They dont appear to have had symptoms or be the cause of death, but that just means they are able to harbor the virus (acting as a reservoir) allowing it to potentially mutate further before it decides to jump back to humans or any animal for that matter.  

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Should health/life insurance companies charge a higher premium for those without the vaccine?

I expect something like this to happen at some point. It is interesting that health insurance companies don't treat things more similar to that of car insurance. If you have a high BMI, you pay more. If you smoke, you pay more. Obviously this is a really slippery slope that I'm not sure it is in the best interest of health insurance companies over the long run (PR mess).

I'm aware that some companies/organizations charge more if you smoke. Also, I used to play hockey with a guy who was a stunt double, and companies considered him completely uninsurable even after he stopped doing it.

16 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

They have already started things like that at work. They have a list of those with the shots. If your name isnt on it you cant be on certain special projects and are charged vacation time if you have to have time off from being exposed to Covid.

We, are heading your way this weekend and now this!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-orleans-to-require-people-to-show-either-proof-of-vaccination-or-a-negative-covid-19-test-for-certain-indoor-venues/ar-AANhcaG

Should health/life insurance companies charge a higher premium for those without the vaccine?
A friend suggested that anyone who chooses no vaccine but gets Covid AND requires any care should get charged a large amount and no insurance covers it. That solves the problem in one of two ways, they die, reducing the impact on the hospital or they pay for wasting hospital resources. Exceptions of course if you medically can't get vaccinated.

Yay LEGO!

1 minute ago, redghostx said:

A friend suggested that anyone who chooses no vaccine but gets Covid AND requires any care should get charged a large amount and no insurance covers it. That solves the problem in one of two ways, they die, reducing the impact on the hospital or they pay for wasting hospital resources. Exceptions of course if you medically can't get vaccinated.

Yay LEGO!

Should we expand that to the flu, also?

29 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I have no issues with businesses requiring vaccinations for entry. I have a few reservations about governments requiring vaccinations to enter private businesses.

We can be required to purchase insurance, I'm sure they'll find that we can be required to get a vaccination.

1 hour ago, Jbad87 said:

Based on societal decision making, extremely. 

I agree with you how it can psychologically spread through misinformation or lack of information. Especially among people with little to no will power. But that does not apply here. 

Obesity is a chronic disease,  not an infectious disease b/c it cannot be transmitted through physical contact.   But I’m sure you were well aware of that before comparing apples to oranges. 

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I have no issues with businesses requiring vaccinations for entry. I have a few reservations about governments requiring vaccinations to enter private businesses.

How do you feel about the Government offering money for organizations to make the vaccines mandatory within that organization?

Also, I wonder if a side effect of the vaccine is thinking that everyone else should have to get it too?

2 minutes ago, spener90 said:

How do you feel about the Government offering money for organizations to make the vaccines mandatory within that organization?

Also, I wonder if a side effect of the vaccine is thinking that everyone else should have to get it too?

I don't like anyone getting bonus government money for vaccinations. But, I have no issues with an employer requiring it.

Vaccination snobs are the worst.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Government uses funding/withholding funding to get the result they want.

https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/the-1984-national-minimum-drinking-age-act

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

Big business and big government go hand in hand nowadays. We’re screwed.  There will never be going back. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 1