This is what LEGO thinks of your economic downturn...

pickleboy

By JENS HANSEGARD Lego A/S shook off the malaise affecting the wider toy market and fended off an onslaught of fresh competition in the building-block segment to continue its winning streak in 2012, booking a 25% revenue increase that vaulted it into a near tie for the No. 2 slot in the global toy business. The Danish toy maker enjoyed sustained success for its popular Lego City and Lego Star Wars sets. Its new Lego Friends theme, targeting girls, sold twice as well as initial expectations and helped triple sales to girls. Enlarge Image Lego/Associated Press Lego's growth has been attributed in part to more sets aimed at girls. Above, Lego Friends characters at the New York toy fair earlier this month. In an interview Thursday afternoon Chief Executive J

Lego is apparently recession proof. If the company did this well while the Lehman Brothers/Bear Sterns collapse essentially caused the world economy to disintegrate in 2008 then we investors should have nothing to fear in the days ahead. Unless things go completely pear shaped, in which case it really won't matter what you do. Live dangerously, buy Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3. Pay full retail while you're at it. You can use them later to barricade your home from the zombie hordes :)

Lego is apparently recession proof. If the company did this well while the Lehman Brothers/Bear Sterns collapse essentially caused the world economy to disintegrate in 2008 then we investors should have nothing to fear in the days ahead. Unless things go completely pear shaped, in which case it really won't matter what you do. Live dangerously, buy Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3. Pay full retail while you're at it. You can use them later to barricade your home from the zombie hordes :)

Even the zombies are repulsed by prince of persia......

That's a beer-stache!!!! Even more manly for the pickleMAN!!!! Haha he has to be the most interesting pickleMAN in the world!!! I bet if I met him, he would say "I DON'T ALWAYS INVEST MY MONEY, BUT WHEN I DO...I INVEST IN LEGO!!! STAY BUILDING MY FRIENDS!!! LOL Thanks for the article!!! And yes if the world ends!!! Have food, water, gold, silver, guns, ammo, and lots of LEGO to barricade yourself from ZOMBIES!!! Or if you know any MONSTER FIGHTERS...YOU CAN CALL THEM UP TOO!!! WHERE'S JACK MCHAMMER OR FRANK ROCK WHEN YOU NEED THEM!!!! Lol

Very interesting that they even commented on 3d printing creating problems, it is also interesting that he has no problem with people making their own lego bricks at home. I don't quite get how we are anywhere close to people being able to make their own bricks at home affordably though, there is just too much involved with getting the materials for good prices and in the right colors to match the ones made by Lego, not to mention the time required from the machines to make the bricks in any kind of economy of scale. I have no doubt that China can do this with a much larger resource pool than the average consumer. The really big way this will affect us though is not so much with new unopened sets, collectors will always want those, but those who have used sets will see the value drop as people will readily be able to produce rare parts.

Very interesting that they even commented on 3d printing creating problems, it is also interesting that he has no problem with people making their own lego bricks at home. I don't quite get how we are anywhere close to people being able to make their own bricks at home affordably though, there is just too much involved with getting the materials for good prices and in the right colors to match the ones made by Lego, not to mention the time required from the machines to make the bricks in any kind of economy of scale.

...which is why he has no problem with it. ;)