Ideas 10,000 Supporters Club

Alpinemaps

I have to think a design which hits 10k in a matter of a few months would be given more attention than one which requires closer to a year. 
Has anyone done an analysis of time-to-10k vs becoming an actual set?

I haven’t, but it’s interesting to consider. I wonder how easy it would be to data mine the Ideas website to pull out data. I wonder if someone has a good database of all this info.

Does anyone else wonder if Coronavirus is causing a record number of Ideas submissions to hit 10k?

That’s reasonable. I also think as submissions hit 10k, and word gets out, it encourages people to look at other projects, note which are close to 10k, and then vote for them.

Idk how many of these 10k projects really deserve the 10k. I do think they are all worthwhile MOCs, created by very talented people. But I feel like some people just vote because a submission is close and they want to put it over the edge.
  • Like 1

I think the voting changes help as well. Remember when you used to have to also select target audience, how many you thought people would purchase, and for what price? Extra thought process slows people down.   Now you just click on the submission and hit support and move on. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

For me, the two that stand out as possibilities, and ones that I would buy, would be The Krusty Krab and The Iron Giant.

Is Mega Blox done with Spongebob? Would love to see Lego get that license again. 

Futurama would be my first choice. UCS suicide booth. 

23 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Is Mega Blox done with Spongebob? Would love to see Lego get that license again. 

Futurama would be my first choice. UCS suicide booth. 

Spongebob is back on the allowed list of licenses for LEGO Ideas.  Idk if Mega is done with them, but I'd guess yes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

The Iron Giant - 20th Anniversary Edition

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7b0627e8-5f97-4fbe-844c-a2b7a1e0dc90

April 2020

resize-800-450.png

This looks amazing and out of the bunch I like this the most.  But when it is all said and done, it is a bunch of gray pieces and a boy minifigure.  Am I wrong in saying it needs something else to appeal to the masses?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

This looks amazing and out of the bunch I like this the most.  But when it is all said and done, it is a bunch of gray pieces and a boy minifigure.  Am I wrong in saying it needs something else to appeal to the masses?

give him the S to add a little color

cf1f4a88fdcf5077e9876fe27049c25c.jpg

• Like 1