10270 - Bookshop

jgschmieg3

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Funny how the demand works sometimes.  From a  collector standpoint, I absolutley adore the petshop for various reasons.  However as an invester I have abosolutely zero.

I do like the birch trees, but that could because I just love birch trees in general. 

ONly part I like is the tree, I like that LEGO is using landscaping as an outlet for creative brick building...it's really a key missing piece in LEGO towns and city MOCs

5 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

bogus bricks did steal, but they gave the people what they wanted when they jacked this from an afol years back. 

image.thumb.png.7f644810a9cb389e6846c985a052981c.png

I agree with @crayxlp where it looks better than the corner garage, but so does your exgirlfriend in the morning.  The bookstore facade is rather nice, but its so tiny that it gives the feel of a creator 3-1.  They could have expanded on the 'Birch Book' store and left out the very uncommon color small flat. just my 2 cents.

LEGO should buy the Chinese "license" and produce THIS instead.. 

Can anyone tell what is on the second floor of the bookshop? It looks like stairs and.... wait no, just stairs. A whole level for stairs. The back porch looks alright, bit it makes that second level even smaller. I actually think the townhouse part of the building has more going on, which doesn't really make sense as it is called "bookshop"

29 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Can anyone tell what is on the second floor of the bookshop? It looks like stairs and.... wait no, just stairs. A whole level for stairs. The back porch looks alright, bit it makes that second level even smaller. I actually think the townhouse part of the building has more going on, which doesn't really make sense as it is called "bookshop"

check brickset for a full review

I like the facade of the book store and I like being able to split them but the apartment is really small. This is a set that you NEED two of to actual fit in a city. Two to make a fuller book store and to double up the tiny condo.

One complaint above was that it's not a corner building. However, my town has enough corner buildings and I neither want nor need more (Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, Palace Cinema, Brick Bank, and Garage); street fronts are better.

4 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm pretty ambivalent toward this, then I saw the back and thought "eww gross".

49177533858_f98e28c3dd_b.jpg

Not just gross, but totally inadequate. I can not imagine that the rear door (not level with a ground) and from i see cca at least  3 feet above ground would not have any kind of a small porch to avoid injuries, falls etc.. there is also no light on the wall, no railing, stairs are pretty steep.. totally wreck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graphicski said:

To me it looks a bit short in height? PS was three floors - looks like this will look a bit daft amongst the rest if it's a third shorter ? interiors dissapointing. No bathroom in the house for instance. 

no doubt.  but that turqoise flower pot will do at the housewarming party on Saturday night when the kegger runs empty.

image.thumb.png.b4fd85babf9c2a420f5cf0f94f796266.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I'm disappointed, but hey, if LEGO decides to release mediocre modulars, so be it, more people will search for PR instead when it's gone.

That's how I feel about a majority of the 2020 City line, maybe more folks will seek out the retired sets.  The new City sets look very mediocre and appear designed for 4-5 y/o range.  After seeing the pictures I wondered if Lego were focusing on younger kids and AFOLs (with a focus for ages in between being star wars and ninjago) but that theory falls flat with this modular, it would seem.  Some love, but little. 

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1