10270 - Bookshop

jgschmieg3

bogus bricks did steal, but they gave the people what they wanted when they jacked this from an afol years back. 

image.thumb.png.7f644810a9cb389e6846c985a052981c.png

I agree with @crayxlp where it looks better than the corner garage, but so does your exgirlfriend in the morning.  The bookstore facade is rather nice, but its so tiny that it gives the feel of a creator 3-1.  They could have expanded on the 'Birch Book' store and left out the very uncommon color small flat. just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, Val-E said:

Considering a modular has a half life of about 4 years, I am in no rush to count down the hours to the reveal.

HALF-life is 2 years. Mean lifetime is 4. However, the most important question will be: Will the bookstore take last place in popularity behind Pet Shop or slightly overtake it to finish second-last all-time?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

HALF-life is 2 years. Mean lifetime is 4. However, the most important question will be: Will the bookstore take last place in popularity behind Pet Shop or slightly overtake it to finish second-last all-time?

Nope, Pet Shop is still just as radioactive now as it was before.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Nope, Pet Shop is still just as radioactive now as it was before.

Funny how the demand works sometimes.  From a  collector standpoint, I absolutley adore the petshop for various reasons.  However as an invester I have abosolutely zero.

I do like the birch trees, but that could because I just love birch trees in general. 

Edited by BricksBrotha
love
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Funny how the demand works sometimes.  From a  collector standpoint, I absolutley adore the petshop for various reasons.  However as an invester I have abosolutely zero.

Based on my current strategy I would have zero as well, despite loving the set. But alas, I have a few collecting dust. I stick with, if it can't fit in a 24x16x4 box, it's not a worthy investment.

• Like 1

HMMM....Well....Huh. At first I'm a little disappointed. But On a good note,  Glad it's a split build, the half-plate buildings do help in city arrangement, there are some cool build ideas here. Just no real rush.  Also, Is that birds nest new or is that a beard piece or something?

Lego: I’m not mad I’m disappointed.
I was hoping for an Emporium-type full bookstore with a coffee shop, escalator, etc. my critique of Emporium is that it is bare besides the escalators, those are really the main attraction. Thought they could fix that problem with this one. Bunch of books, book signing table. I hate the half-ones like PS. The double walls decrease an already small amount of space. Should have fully committed to the bookstore. Unlike Diner, AS and CG, where I was an early buyer, this will be a wait for sale type thing, which I think will be the case for many

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Lego: I’m not mad I’m disappointed.
I was hoping for an Emporium-type full bookstore with a coffee shop, escalator, etc. my critique of Emporium is that it is bare besides the escalators, those are really the main attraction. Thought they could fix that problem with this one. Bunch of books, book signing table. I hate the half-ones like PS. The double walls decrease an already small amount of space. Should have fully committed to the bookstore. Unlike Diner, AS and CG, where I was an early buyer, this will be a wait for sale type thing, which I think will be the case for many

Exactly my thoughts - the Emporium 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Belac said:

HMMM....Well....Huh. At first I'm a little disappointed. But On a good note,  Glad it's a split build, the half-plate buildings do help in city arrangement, there are some cool build ideas here. Just no real rush.  Also, Is that birds nest new or is that a beard piece or something?

Looks like a beard piece, hopeful to be wrong, though.

19 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

I was hoping for an Emporium-type full bookstore with a coffee shop, escalator, etc.

35 minutes ago, Belac said:

But On a good note,  Glad it's a split build

To clarify: I also wanted a single big open building like the bank or Emporium. I was just trying to find positives in what was presented.

• Like 2