10267 - Gingerbread House

Val-E

Bought three of these over a few days span before they ran out at the LEGO store.  One is for the family, two to sell.  Sold both for nice profits.  Family set is still sealed. 

I suggested we should sell the family set and buy one next year to build.  Ooooo, that didn't go over well...  We're building a GB house this weekend :)

I'll have to revisit the store tomorrow.  They said they get their shipments in on Monday's and Thursday's.  First time I went in, SAH said they were out of stock, but they had four on the shelf.  So can't trust SAH.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

all stores are getting 2 waves,  not sure why they said that

Admittedly, I shouldn't have said "anytime soon" as that implies an open ended statement.  I don't recall their exact words but it was their acknowledging that everyone is sold out and they weren't sure "when" they would be getting more in.  According to the LEGO website, the six LEGO stores within a 30 mi radius of me are all out-of-stock.

So when should this second wave come to the stores?

EDIT: Just read previous post re: website store stock being incorrect.  I guess that might be our answer.  So perhaps the shipments already arrived at the stores but they aren't updating the websites?  idk... 

Edited by exracer327

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Admittedly, I shouldn't have said "anytime soon" as that implies an open ended statement.  I don't recall their exact words but it was their acknowledging that everyone is sold out and they weren't sure "when" they would be getting more in.  According to the LEGO website, the six LEGO stores within a 30 mi radius of me are all out-of-stock.

So when should this second wave come to the stores?

EDIT: Just read previous post re: website store stock being incorrect.  I guess that might be our answer.  So perhaps the shipments already arrived at the stores but they aren't updating the websites?  idk... 

Today was gingerbread and ship in bottle. Tomm lunar and fossils.  

14 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

European site has them in stock again. Prices are still high on eBay. The question is: will it go oos again?

It went oos an hour after the post. Should have bought. Oh well... ships on January the 9th.

Is this set really that hot or is it typical TLG underproducing-when-in-demand-and-flooding-the-market-afterwards-behaviour? 

Well, today my store had lunar landers in the spot where they had been displaying the gingerbread house.  This was a couple hours after the store opened so I don’t think they had sold out in that short span.  I’ll check the inventory again tonight, but I expect they may have just had some left over from the first batch and I just got lucky last time. 
Fossils were next to the register but I had already found my $99 to spend for the Mini GBH. 
They have been displaying a Ninjago City for the $239 price. I picked one up last week and left one. Very tempted to take it off their hands. Wish the 2x VIP was still active. 

• 1 year later...
Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

impossible to stock up on these even at RRP...unless Amazon does a serious restock (w no limits) it will literally take the rest of the year to get any kind of volume before retirement

Fortunately we have the rest of the year. Firehouse lasted into November (although that was not a popular set). It will show up at target, wm, amz eventually. It's popped in at amz a couple times this month. 

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

Fortunately we have the rest of the year. Firehouse lasted into November (although that was not a popular set). It will show up at target, wm, amz eventually. It's popped in at amz a couple times this month. 

4sure; honestly I kinda like the limits...let's some of us small players get in...when I woke up this am and saw Gingerbread on SD...I was like..no way any left...was happy to start ordering my limit at LEGO Shop at Home...got greedy and wanted the GWPs...then all the limits on the HP sets started to kick in 😖 so orders keeping canceling...now I have to search set# in my email account to see if I already ordered too many.

greed and bad book keeping are bad bedfellows in the resell game.

3 hours ago, blueriderbrick said:

Has anyone tested the household limits or have a guess? Are they yearly? Quarterly? Until the quantity limit number changes?

No one knows.  Anytime someone thinks they have it figured out others debunk it with their history.  It "may" reset with any limit change because I know on some sets when the quantity changed (actually went down) it allowed me to buy more.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet since July of all my orders to keep track.  

1 hour ago, redghostx said:
3 hours ago, moutzah3d1n said:
Does it worth picking this up at RRP?

What do you think? Do you have any thoughts on the set after reading through the posts?

Considering that everyone is in on them and they never last when in stock, I'm starting to worry a bit. So much stock in reseller hand.

And if they selling like hot cakes (which they do, thanks to us), I'm worried Lego might not retire it at the end of this year. Or at least produce more of it. 

I don't think it will be a disaster but I'm not counting on 100% by this Christmas.