10266 - NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander

CrabslayerT

Available from June 1-9 with purchases of the LEGO Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (10266) only

Join the space elite with this exclusive VIP-only NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander patch. The patch has an adhesive backing and includes a LEGO® logo and a picture of the Lunar Lander. Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with this cool piece of space history. It’s free for LEGO VIPs with purchase of the Lunar Lander.

image.png

• Like 1

I feel like the designer did a good job and that this will sit nicely next to the Saturn V rocket. That said, I think LEGO missed some opportunities with this set. 

1. I get the designer base, but I would have much preferred something that harkened back to the iconic lunar baseplates of the classic space period. The lunar lander on its own is a simple functional piece of engineering . . . I'd even go so far to call it ugly as sin.  What makes it iconic is the location. 

2. Baseplate with flag forms the iconic scene. Really with all the new space sets coming out you'd think Lego would have at least made a plate for sale. 

3. Opting to not include a moon rover was probably a mistake. Again, people want that iconic scene, more than the model itself. 

4. Need a gold printed plate for the plaque, not a sticker!

5. This is an extremely hard model to design, and I think the dude did an overall solid job, but too many Black elements on the base of the model makes it look like they avoided creating elements with specific colors to save money. 

Basically, baseplate. Me want a baseplate. 

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Available from June 1-9 with purchases of the LEGO Creator NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander (10266) only

Join the space elite with this exclusive VIP-only NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander patch. The patch has an adhesive backing and includes a LEGO® logo and a picture of the Lunar Lander. Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing with this cool piece of space history. It’s free for LEGO VIPs with purchase of the Lunar Lander.

So maybe June 5th is the hot day to order, get the lunar lander, get the patch, get the Ideas rocket ride, etc.  Again, as supplies last... roll the dice.

• Like 1

I feel like the designer did a good job and that this will sit nicely next to the Saturn V rocket. That said, I think LEGO missed some opportunities with this set. 
1. I get the designer base, but I would have much preferred something that harkened back to the iconic lunar baseplates of the classic space period. The lunar lander on its own is a simple functional piece of engineering . . . I'd even go so far to call it ugly as sin.  What makes it iconic is the location. 
2. Baseplate with flag forms the iconic scene. Really with all the new space sets coming out you'd think Lego would have at least made a plate for sale. 
3. Opting to not include a moon rover was probably a mistake. Again, people want that iconic scene, more than the model itself. 
4. Need a gold printed plate for the plaque, not a sticker!
5. This is an extremely hard model to design, and I think the dude did an overall solid job, but too many Black elements on the base of the model makes it look like they avoided creating elements with specific colors to save money. 
Basically, baseplate. Me want a baseplate. 

The lunar rover wasn’t on Apollo 11, so it wouldn’t make sense to include it.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
  • Like 2

You’re speaking from logic and using facts, when it’s obvious all of this tin foil covered crap they claim landed on the moon greatest journey was when it left the sound stage it was filmed on covering leftovers from the crafts services table. #FlatEarthTruther

2 hours ago, Legbrick said:

Anyone know the time this set goes Live please?  I don't see info on Shop Lego site.

thanks

if the gerbils are running full blast and not taking any breaks should be midnight tonight.

Patches are about 100 per store to start so might be ok for a bit

5 hours ago, Dlambert2004 said:

Yeah, lunar rover was only the last three moon landings; Apollo 15, 16 and 17.  This set is the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11.  So in about five years we should see a UCS Lunar Rover.  lol

• Like 2