Stranger Things 2019

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1149317500489949184

I would be interested in this but that is going to be pricey for me on the aftermarket!  I'll have to watch the race to the bottom if there is one.

Pretty sure Barb minifig release is on Friday 7/19... and these mini figure launches are usually given out around noon, so if you check eBay on 7.19 around noon you will see a flood of people snapping quick pictures on their phone and getting it on eBay. That is usually the best time to chase the race to the bottom and get a decent price.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Barb?  Really?

Steve or Max would have been nice. 

With a $200 set out, an in-store build of Castle Byers, the "Iconically Stranger Things" Lego Ideas challenge (the winner nailed it by the way - picture attached), and now an exclusive minifigure for SDCC '19, it makes me wonder what else TLG has planned down the road.

6502693-01-e2addfTBWLgzDQ.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Steve or Max would have been nice. 

With a $200 set out, an in-store build of Castle Byers, the "Iconically Stranger Things" Lego Ideas challenge (the winner nailed it by the way - picture attached), and now an exclusive minifigure for SDCC '19, it makes me wonder what else TLG has planned down the road.

6502693-01-e2addfTBWLgzDQ.jpg

I think they are saving Steve and Max for an actual set...Steve gotta have baseball bat w/ nails and ofcourse max w/ skateboard

Iconic scenes would be the school bus /junkyard, walking along railroad (ala Stand By Me), or basement where the boys played D&D and El's tent

Has it been confirmed that there will be more sets?

I just always assumed so because I didn’t think it would make sense for them to get the license to make 1 set, and there are characters missing from the one they made. But the 3rd season just came out, which would have been a great time to announce something, and 2 years ago it was thought there would be several POTC sets for the new movie and ended up being the Mary and 2 BH. 

3 hours ago, t_mafia said:

I just always assumed so because I didn’t think it would make sense for them to get the license to make 1 set, and there are characters missing from the one they made. But the 3rd season just came out, which would have been a great time to announce something, and 2 years ago it was thought there would be several POTC sets for the new movie and ended up being the Mary and 2 BH. 

Nothing confirmed...I'm really hoping for one or two more. I'm also hoping for a bricktober 4 pack of figures....would be an easy way to get some more figures out.

12 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

It'll be Clayface 2.0

We just finished the other night and I think it was probably the best season.

Wynona Ryder was more likeable and less frantic this season.  Hopper overacted, but he was ok, everyone else was great.  The girl who plays Nancy is a great actress.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, t_mafia said:

I just always assumed so because I didn’t think it would make sense for them to get the license to make 1 set, and there are characters missing from the one they made.

Lego ideas ran some contest where people could submit Stranger Things sets. They also have one going with flintstones, too.  

Does anyone know if the winners of these contests will have their sets made?

10 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

Lego ideas ran some contest where people could submit Stranger Things sets. They also have one going with flintstones, too.  

Does anyone know if the winners of these contests will have their sets made?

I don't think so.  I think that's what differentiates the Lego Ideas contests program and the main Lego Ideas program, the main program awards the submitter some prizes and their set becomes produced, whereas the contests simply award prizes only.

From the "Iconically Stranger Things" Lego Ideas contest page:

The Grand Prize winner will get the newly released 75810 Stranger Things set, a $300 shopping spree on shop.LEGO.com and some sweet Stranger Things merchandise.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/f72933d5-6a50-4179-8a95-617380b3c74c#/

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Stranger Things is really catching on more "mainstream"...there was a "Stranger Things Day" at the SF Giants game...giving away posters.

...hold on to your Farrah Fawcet Hairspray cans..80s are coming back w/ a vengeance!

I've noticed that, too, saw a bunch of Stranger Things toys and stuff at Target.  Also noticed that 75810 The Upside Down is on backorder on LEGO Shop at Home :)

On 7/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, BricksBrotha said:

Loved Robin's Character! Her, Steve, and Dustin on the trail of the Russian's was perfect in everyway!  S3 was also my favorite season so far too. Ive read reviews it was just the same old same old, but for me, i couldnt get enough of the 80s nostalgia!

Just finished S3.  I thought it dragged a bit in the beginning until the action finally kicked in...that last episode could have been stretch into 3 episodes (so much happened)....The Never-ending story thing was a blast. Funny how Hawkins was all torn up over a single lost boy...yet when dozens disappear...it's not even news.

Clearly they are trying Dustin with other new characters...honorary gateway sidekick for new characters. S4 is a definite and S5 is likely...so much more to come.

Remembering to forget what I thought I knew about this series, I dove in. After some successful netflix and chill ,Finished season 1 last night.  Good little story they got going there. Great character development.  Now I'm glad LEGO jumped on board! 

• 2 weeks later...