Stranger Things 2019

Saw the set in store and was pretty much underwhelmed. For $200 the house itself is rather tiny, if you take away the useless giant trees. The set's biggest problem is that it doesn't fit with the modulars. IMO they should have solved the "upside down" feature differently (or just ax it) and built a bigger, modular-compatible house - they could also have omitted the car and (some of) the figures to lower the price point into modular territory.

In the end I'm quite sure this set will tank - also given that it's still available 2 days after release with a limit of 5 (in Europe)...

Saw the set in store and was pretty much underwhelmed. For $200 the house itself is rather tiny, if you take away the useless giant trees. The set's biggest problem is that it doesn't fit with the modulars. IMO they should have solved the "upside down" feature differently (or just ax it) and built a bigger, modular-compatible house - they could also have omitted the car and (some of) the figures to lower the price point into modular territory.
In the end I'm quite sure this set will tank - also given that it's still available 2 days after release with a limit of 5 (in Europe)...

I think it’s supposed to go in the other room away from your modulars. Country living!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think it’s supposed to go in the other room away from your modulars. Country living!

Agreed. I don't think everything needs to be at a certain relative scale. Besides, the house in the show isn't anything to write home about, so this works and the upside-down is exactly as it should be. I wish they would have included Will's fort somewhere in the build, but overall, this is a pretty good representation of the source material.

@Frank Brickowski I respect your opinion but based on your comments, this set just isn't for you. The minifigs included are THE main characters and the vehicle is iconic. Leaving any of those out would not make sense. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

@Frank Brickowski I respect your opinion but based on your comments, this set just isn't for you. The minifigs included are THE main characters and the vehicle is iconic. Leaving any of those out would not make sense. 

I was speaking strictly from an investor's point of view. Except for the fans of the show no one will want to buy this after EOL. It will tank as an investment. See Ideas The Big Bang Theory for reference.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

14 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

I was speaking strictly from an investor's point of view. Except for the fans of the show no one will want to buy this after EOL. It will tank as an investment. See Ideas The Big Bang Theory for reference.

Big Bang Theory's selling for $95 on Amazon right now & was pretty easy to pick up for $35. Not amazing but I wouldn't call that tanking either. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Big Bang Theory's selling for $95 on Amazon right now & was pretty easy to pick up for $35. Not amazing but I wouldn't call that tanking either. 

Depends on your perspective. My perspective is: Ideas BBT was sold at RRP $60 and took 2,5 years to gain 50%. Not too impressive. Stranger things will not even come close to this due to the higher price point.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

I love the show and the set is cool but bit of an odd display piece. 

Eleven's hair piece was kind of unavoidable but her fig also let's it down a bit.

Dustin and the Mum are both awesome figures though and I'm impressed that Lego did this without it being an ideas set.

Probably not a good investment though I agree, it depends how long the show runs for and also the Lego set. 

I just binged both seasons plus the all the after-interviews over 3 sittings.

Obviously loved the series. My biggest question about the show was...why 1983?  I got teh answer and it's not obvious.

Anyway, regarding the investment potential...depends..is this  Big bang/Friends type of show or a Harry POtter/GoT type of show?

Fans of sitcoms loved their Seinfelds and what now...but their fandom is pretty much limited to entertainment and occasional memes and watercooler chats

Fans of Potter and GoT are the ones that dress up for Comicon, line up a day before a grand (anything), and basically identify themselves in some way w/ the shows and their wallet reflects this.

...based upon my recent jump into the show...I am leaning towards the show being of the potter-type...but far far far from the scale....the show is greatly limited in that the kids will eventually grow up and the plot formula is rather limited.  The show relies too heavily on 80's nostalgia which will eventually become depleted and the setting seems limited as well...unless the stakes and scale jumps to another level...all the child prodigies team up ala X-men style and takes their gig globally...I don;t see how the series as it stands can continue past a season 4.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I just binged both seasons plus the all the after-interviews over 3 sittings.

Obviously loved the series. My biggest question about the show was...why 1983?  I got teh answer and it's not obvious.

Anyway, regarding the investment potential...depends..is this  Big bang/Friends type of show or a Harry POtter/GoT type of show?

Fans of sitcoms loved their Seinfelds and what now...but their fandom is pretty much limited to entertainment and occasional memes and watercooler chats

Fans of Potter and GoT are the ones that dress up for Comicon, line up a day before a grand (anything), and basically identify themselves in some way w/ the shows and their wallet reflects this.

...based upon my recent jump into the show...I am leaning towards the show being of the potter-type...but far far far from the scale....the show is greatly limited in that the kids will eventually grow up and the plot formula is rather limited.  The show relies too heavily on 80's nostalgia which will eventually become depleted and the setting seems limited as well...unless the stakes and scale jumps to another level...all the child prodigies team up ala X-men style and takes their gig globally...I don;t see how the series as it stands can continue past a season 4.    

I'd be very surprised if it went past Season 4. Could even end after 3

2 minutes ago, TigerEyez said:

I'd be very surprised if it went past Season 4. Could even end after 3

the original plan was for 4 seasons...the series is showing no sign of slowing down...currently. Fandom is alltime high...child actors are huge money makers and a few are also starring in blockbuster movies like It2.  I get the feeling Netflix is just writing the twins blank checks to do whatever they want...it's a money maker...if it takes off in asian countries as well...no telling where it could go. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...