Jump to content

75%+ off RRP


skinsfan0521
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Also known as a "box snob". One who sees any minor defect to the box as a major hit to the sets overall value. 

Correct, I also use the term box-licker. Basically somebody who is so obsessed with box condition that they have no interest whatsoever in the contents. I try to NOT sell to them as a return is nearly guaranteed, even if it came straight out of a LEGO carton.

If I clearly state the condition of the box with photos in my listings and still get the question, “Is the box in perfect condition and the seals even and straight?”, I ask them to look at and understand the listing. Any further questions and I tell them to go elsewhere or I charge a £200 grading fee! Of course, they are then blocked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TabbyBoy

As long as the stock is new, 75% off is a no brainier. You can always break even on the worst sets/boxes and just sell the bricks. I would also make sure that the stock is legal (eg. not stolen) otherwise you could lose everything. Do you have a manifest of the exact contents and an exact price? I’d also insist on a receipt stating that these were purchased in good faith. If you smell a rat during the deal, just walk away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Correct, I also use the term box-licker. Basically somebody who is so obsessed with box condition that they have no interest whatsoever in the contents. I try to NOT sell to them as a return is nearly guaranteed, even if it came straight out of a LEGO carton.

If I clearly state the condition of the box with photos in my listings and still get the question, “Is the box in perfect condition and the seals even and straight?”, I ask them to look at and understand the listing. Any further questions and I tell them to go elsewhere or I charge a £200 grading fee! Of course, they are then blocked.

you must come across some strange buyers, I've been selling for 15+ years and never once had a query on alignment of seals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just about anything at 75% off is an easy buy. I'm not sure it's even worth thinking about if you have the money, space and ability to pick it up. 

If the pallets are wrapped, you might want to cut them open to check the inside sets. You definitely don’t want a couple pallets of Malbus & Jyn Erso!!!

d9c6e5991969d9f4223cba29114aff0c.jpga16dfc41978d0dfd9afdb38995110a43.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, roxio said:

you must come across some strange buyers, I've been selling for 15+ years and never once had a query on alignment of seals

It's twice for me in 20 years, both last month! However it was for Hayabusa and Marina Bay Sands. Different accounts, but tone suggested same buyer. Some toy emporiums are fussy as they mainly deal with the most discerning collector.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a very quick update... I did pick up 4 pallets of LEGO today. Mostly still in their original brown cardboard boxes. Mix of all sorts of stuff. Some really good, some OK, and some not so good.

Some Highlights:

41615 BrickHeadz Harry Potter & Hedwig (x66)

75887 Speed Champions Porsche 919 Hybrid (x36)

41620 BrickHeadz Stormtrooper (x84)

60188 City Mining Experts Site (x22)

75888 Speed Champions Porsche 911 RSR and 911 Turbo (x147)

10762 Juniors Belle's Story Time (x102)

 

The only "lowlights" are that there were a ton (over a pallet in total) of Ninjago "Masters" (Golden, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cody). I think I probably should have left them, but they were all mixed in the pallets, so I didn't want to bother going through all of them to take them out. I did leave another entire pallet of them because I'm not convinced that I can quickly get rid of them. Anybody have thoughts on those?

Also, I believe that I will be getting some more pallets over the next few weeks.... so I need to start moving this inventory! I haven't gone through and verified all the counts yet, so I've got some more work to do, but hopefully that will be done either Monday or Tuesday night.

Thanks everyone for the comments and help since I posted this last night, I really appreciate it!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Just a very quick update... I did pick up 4 pallets of LEGO today. Mostly still in their original brown cardboard boxes. Mix of all sorts of stuff. Some really good, some OK, and some not so good.

Some Highlights:

41615 BrickHeadz Harry Potter & Hedwig (x66)

75887 Speed Champions Porsche 919 Hybrid (x36)

41620 BrickHeadz Stormtrooper (x84)

60188 City Mining Experts Site (x22)

75888 Speed Champions Porsche 911 RSR and 911 Turbo (x147)

10762 Juniors Belle's Story Time (x102)

 

The only "lowlights" are that there were a ton (over a pallet in total) of Ninjago "Masters" (Golden, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cody). I think I probably should have left them, but they were all mixed in the pallets, so I didn't want to bother going through all of them to take them out. I did leave another entire pallet of them because I'm not convinced that I can quickly get rid of them. Anybody have thoughts on those?

Also, I believe that I will be getting some more pallets over the next few weeks.... so I need to start moving this inventory! I haven't gone through and verified all the counts yet, so I've got some more work to do, but hopefully that will be done either Monday or Tuesday night.

Thanks everyone for the comments and help since I posted this last night, I really appreciate it!

 

 

Sounds like a good haul.  I think you were right about the Ninjago, I've had a tough time moving those as well.

Keep me informed per PM.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NativeTexan said:

Newbie -  Curious to know how you find LEGO's in pallet form at a discount? 

Please PM me if the answer isn't something you are willing to openly discuss.    I am also assuming that these aren't stolen merchandise.    Thanks

 

Sorry, I'm not going to be providing my source... That would kinda ruin it for me, don't you think?? 

Also, just to confirm, they are all brand new and not stolen. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Sorry, I'm not going to be providing my source... That would kinda ruin it for me, don't you think?? 

Also, just to confirm, they are all brand new and not stolen. 

Sorry didn't mean to imply that you where obtaining any nefarious sources.   

In my other business, I don't mind sharing how I do things, found karma worked well for me.   Definitely understand though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NativeTexan said:

Sorry didn't mean to imply that you where obtaining any nefarious sources.   

In my other business, I don't mind sharing how I do things, found karma worked well for me.   Definitely understand though.

First, I'm also a newbie compared to most others here. I've been doing this casually for several years, but only seriously for the last several months.

Second, sharing best business practices is one thing, but sharing sources for heavily discounted merchandise is a whole 'nother animal. 

Lastly, this is by far the biggest single qty of lego I have bought and it came down to right place, right time. That's really all I've got. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick update...

I have my counts complete and have contacted everyone who sent me a PM expressing interest in some or all of this lot. As of right now, I have several people potentially interested in buying the full quantity, so that's the route that I prefer since it will be much easier to manage. However, if none of those deals end up working out, I'll be breaking up into bulk lots. If that happens, I'll update this thread.

So, if you're SERIOUSLY interested, please PM me and I'll send you the list and some more information. Please, please, only contact me if you're serious. I've spent a lot of time on this buy already and would prefer that we don't waste each other's time if you aren't really interested in the full quantity.

Thanks everyone for the messages, help, advice, suggestions, etc. on this buy. It is by far the biggest qty of LEGO that I've ever bought, so it was a bit daunting at first (I've since gotten over that!!). However, if everything goes as hoped, I may be getting another 5-10 pallets in the next couple weeks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...