75%+ off RRP

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping that some of you can weigh on with some quick advice. I have the opportunity tomorrow to buy several pallets of LEGO at 75%+ off MSRP. The question is how much effort should I put into being selective with what I'm buying? Or should I just buy it all and figure it out later?? haha  Some examples of what is available are below. As you can see, there's a bunch of Juniors Incredibles 2 sets and I'm a bit concerned about them moving quickly. I'm gated on Amazon and I can't keep this stuff for more than a few months due to space issues, so it needs to move reasonably quickly (Which means that I'll be offering some good deals on buying in bulk from me if you're interested!!). Anyway, here's what I know is included, but from what I understand, there are more sets than this too.

10760 Juniors Incredibles 2 Underminer Bank Heist

41620 BrickHeadz Stormtrooper

41152 Disney Princess Sleeping Beauty's Fairytale Castle

10763 Juniors Stephanie's Lakeside House

75888 Speed Champions Porsche 911 RSR & 911 Turbo 3.0

10759 Juniors Incredibles 2 Elastigirl's Rooftop Pursuit

75887 Speed Champions Porsche 919 Hybrid

41615 BrickHeadz Harry Potter & Hedwig

10761 Juniors Incredibles 2 The Great Home Escape

41614 BrickHeadz Jurassic World Owen & Blue

60175 City Mountain River Heist

Any suggestions or comments on these sets would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think the Speed champions, Potter BH, Sleeping Beauty Castle, and Juniors Incredibles sets are no brainers at 75%. The other sets I wouldn't look twice at if the discount was 50% or lower, but at 75% it would be hard to pass on those as well. The problem here is the timeframe you set for yourself to move them. Most of those are still available in stores, and on sale, so you'd have to offer a substantial discount to the buyer. Otherwise what's the benefit to them to buying from you vs just buying from a store? There might not be much profit left for you in that scenario if you need to sell quickly. Ideally you should buy these and store them for 2-3 years. Once they retire and are unavailable at retail your buy in will give you an advantage over other sellers. At that point you could sell at msrp if you wanted to and still make a decent profit.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I think the Speed champions, Potter BH, Sleeping Beauty Castle, and Juniors Incredibles sets are no brainers at 75%. The other sets I wouldn't look twice at if the discount was 50% or lower, but at 75% it would be hard to pass on those as well. The problem here is the timeframe you set for yourself to move them. Most of those are still available in stores, and on sale, so you'd have to offer a substantial discount to the buyer. Otherwise what's the benefit to them to buying from you vs just buying from a store? There might not be much profit left for you in that scenario if you need to sell quickly. Ideally you should buy these and store them for 2-3 years. Once they retire and are unavailable at retail your buy in will give you an advantage over other sellers. At that point you could sell at msrp if you wanted to and still make a decent profit.

Thanks for the reply and insight, I appreciate it. I agree that the best case scenario would be me buying and holding for a couple years, but I just don't have the space to do that with like 5 pallets of LEGO. Just can't happen. I'd end up having to rent space and that would eat up all my profit anyway, so wouldn't make sense. I also agree that there isn't much benefit to somebody buying from me instead of a retail store except for price. If I could get rid of these in bulk (not selling individually), I'd be willing to sell at a pretty good discount off of MSRP for most of them (like the roughly 500 Incredibles 2 sets combined between the 3). If I'm selling individually, then shipping obviously becomes an issue.

3 minutes ago, deanearp said:

Agree with terrymc.  Speed champions, HP Brickheadz would be top on my list.  I'd be willing to buy quite a few HP BH off you if you get them as I would look to hold them for 2-3 years, if not a little longer.  Let me know if you'd like to sell some of the HP BH, if you get them.

Thanks for the comment and thoughts. I'll let you know about the HP BH. How about some Juniors Incredibles 2?? haha

5 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks for the reply and insight, I appreciate it. I agree that the best case scenario would be me buying and holding for a couple years, but I just don't have the space to do that with like 5 pallets of LEGO. Just can't happen. I'd end up having to rent space and that would eat up all my profit anyway, so wouldn't make sense. I also agree that there isn't much benefit to somebody buying from me instead of a retail store except for price. If I could get rid of these in bulk (not selling individually), I'd be willing to sell at a pretty good discount off of MSRP for most of them (like the roughly 500 Incredibles 2 sets combined between the 3). If I'm selling individually, then shipping obviously becomes an issue.

Thanks for the comment and thoughts. I'll let you know about the HP BH. How about some Juniors Incredibles 2?? haha

The juniors theme is just something I cannot get into.  My son is 12, he doesn't even see them on the shelf when we're out Lego hunting.  Now the HP Lego, that's a different story :o).

Near Binghamton, NY (but that's not where these are just in case anybody is wondering). Interested in a road trip??

Not that far...lol. My limit for something that large would be crossing two state borders in any direction. That puts me near Ohio. How far are you willing to haul these?

Good luck with your possible deal. It sounds like a good one. Keep us posted.

3 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Not that far...lol. My limit for something that large would be crossing two state borders in any direction. That puts me near Ohio. How far are you willing to haul these?

Good luck with your possible deal. It sounds like a good one. Keep us posted.

Well, I'm renting a UHaul truck to haul them several hours home from where they are now, so Ohio isn't that crazy if you're buying pallets!

4 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

I would buy any and all of it at that price.  

From reading your posts, I get the impression that you have plenty of dedicated space for your Lego investing. I already have dedicated space for my existing sets, but am calling in a favor (or two) to get these pallets stored for me for a while as I sell through them. So, that's really my main concern... being able to sell through them quickly.

Just now, Foreman Porgy said:

Do these sets all come in the original brown cartons, and also how is box condition? 

I don't believe that they will be in original brown boxes, but maybe. The box condition should be excellent in most cases. I'm sure there will be some damage. I'll find out more tomorrow about those details.

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I don't believe that they will be in original brown boxes, but maybe. The box condition should be excellent in most cases. I'm sure there will be some damage. I'll find out more tomorrow about those details.

There are a lot of box lickers out there, but I’d be interested if they check out. 

Just now, Foreman Porgy said:

There are a lot of box lickers out there, but I’d be interested if they check out. 

I'll also explain a bit more about the deal source after I pick them up tomorrow too. I *think* that would help ease any concerns that you may have about that. I just don't want to post anything specific until after the deal is done tomorrow.

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I'll also explain a bit more about the deal source after I pick them up tomorrow too. I *think* that would help ease any concerns that you may have about that. I just don't want to post anything specific until after the deal is done tomorrow.

The people above me have first dibs. Be careful ??‍♂️

My brother in law is in Brackney, PA, but he'd kill me if I asked him to park a pallet of LEGO in his barn. For bulk, your best bet is Bricklink and setting up the bulk discount option. 

I'd quickly flip a few of the sets, to recoup my costs but find space for HP and Speed Champions and Incredibles and hold as needed.  

1 hour ago, deanearp said:

What's a "box licker"?

1 hour ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I’m not sure really. I saw it in a forum post and thought it was hilarious. Everytime I think of it, I get a great laugh. 

2 minutes ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

Yeah what is a "Box Licker" lol. Is it just pure vulgar talk? If it is lego related, I feel it might mean transferring stickers or something along those lines. 

Also known as a "box snob". One who sees any minor defect to the box as a major hit to the sets overall value. 

• Like 2