Hidden Side 2019

On 10/5/2019 at 11:25 PM, dmind said:

Kruidvat; a drug store that only sell a broad selection of Lego when there is some special promotion.

This selection is only available online, and after the promotion, it is reduced significantly to cheap City, Friends and Ninjago sets.

Only store that I've seen the same is Trekpleister, which is from same owner.

Pretty sure it is steered by Lego directly.

yeah, Im familiar with Kruidvat from the time when I lived in NL.. I took it always only for the drugstore as you mentioned. interesting.. 

• 1 month later...
New Hidden Side Sets for January. These all look rather uninspired ... Only one I may be interested is the lighthouse to MOC next to shrimp boat and fishing store. 
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/11/14/first-look-at-6-new-lego-hidden-side-sets-for-2020-news/?fbclid=IwAR2UP3sDDzh8kGwmU67yv1eV35laR75cNYLPANjtUgrmQ12_d6IjqJi3nMw

I like the coaster. Lot of folks will want to add that to their theme park, but I agree as a whole, not very promising.

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

I like the coaster. Lot of folks will want to add that to their theme park, but I agree as a whole, not very promising.

Is the idea that you smack that lever launching the coaster up to activate the clown face to scary mode? (If clowns weren't already scary enough as it is...).  Interesting concept, I like seeing Lego get more creative with their use of the tracks. 

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

Unbelievable that they haven't changed the box art style. I'm convinced that the inability to see what the set actually looks like must be destroying sales for this theme.

Good example is my Wife, she loves all the spooky/halloween Lego sets i have, and just the whole horror genre in general. When i saw these in store i showed her them, and instead of urging me to buy them, the response was "What am i looking at?".  I mean sure there's the back of the box, but i feel like the initial impression sealed the deal.

Her lack of excitement for them translated into a lack of excitement from me, and therefore have not bought any.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

Is the idea that you smack that lever launching the coaster up to activate the clown face to scary mode? (If clowns weren't already scary enough as it is...).  Interesting concept, I like seeing Lego get more creative with their use of the tracks. 

The problem is they ONLY offer the increased slope size in the Large Creator Coaster set. All other sets have the mini slopes. I really don't think they can get any other designs to pass a gravity-fed coaster run and stay within a reasonable price. Pirate Coaster is a good example, adding a lift hill could have helped with realism, but it still stops right before the station. I doubt we will see something in the $200 range because it would cannibalize the Coaster. 

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...