Jump to content

75243 - Slave I - 20th Anniversary Set


brickvoyeur
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, zaphoid said:

Someone was asking about seal codes on the latest batch of Slave1s that came out.  I got mine today and the seal code is 34R0

Same here and it came in an Amazon style individual shipper so the other stuff in there was packed in tightly, thankfully unharmed.

image.thumb.png.710d929149bfc864c9ab408e0160498d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How wrong am I on this one! The UCS version was taking ages to appreciate and not getting much until the pandemic.

Was little wary about this set and didn’t go deep. Boom! Pandemic and appearance in The Mandalorian just sent this one crazy. Got a few from local store and during BF on discount. Down to my last one.
What’s the view on this one going forward. I’m holding for $300 before selling the last remaining one. Sold a bunch for $250.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

How wrong am I on this one! The UCS version was taking ages to appreciate and not getting much until the pandemic.

Was little wary about this set and didn’t go deep. Boom! Pandemic and appearance in The Mandalorian just sent this one crazy. Got a few from local store and during BF on discount. Down to my last one.
What’s the view on this one going forward. I’m holding for $300 before selling the last remaining one. Sold a bunch for $250.

checks off every box I can think of as a reseller

around my parts the going local rate is $180-ish...occasional $160 and $200 seems to book shelf the price range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How wrong am I on this one! The UCS version was taking ages to appreciate and not getting much until the pandemic.

Was little wary about this set and didn’t go deep. Boom! Pandemic and appearance in The Mandalorian just sent this one crazy. Got a few from local store and during BF on discount. Down to my last one.
What’s the view on this one going forward. I’m holding for $300 before selling the last remaining one. Sold a bunch for $250.

I think it’ll be one of the last SW ships that’ll do great for a while.
A new one is coming out this year, but it’s weaker.
I wouldn’t hold it past this Xmas. CAGR will probably dip significantly.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, donbee said:


I think it’ll be one of the last SW ships that’ll do great for a while.
A new one is coming out this year, but it’s weaker.
I wouldn’t hold it past this Xmas. CAGR will probably dip significantly.

I see examples of a weaker one hyping up the prior better version; also assures that LEGO will not release another "better one" for at least 2 years or more.

Also can't discount the anniversary series uniqueness and collectability; of which the Slave is the largest set. W/ The Book of Boba release in Dec...I only see reasons for the set to keep climbing as the series continues (unless it sucks)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you on 2/3 points.
I don’t harbor any sentimentality to anniversary sets. That kind of marketing works on the year of the anniversary, then has diminishing returns. Check out the prices on other anniversary sets. They do not have high ceilings.

Covid is probably the greater appreciating factor, rather than the anniversary tag and minifig.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, donbee said:

I agree with you on 2/3 points.
I don’t harbor any sentimentality to anniversary sets. That kind of marketing works on the year of the anniversary, then has diminishing returns. Check out the prices on other anniversary sets. They do not have high ceilings.

Covid is probably the greater appreciating factor, rather than the anniversary tag and minifig.

what other anniversary sets are comparable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I picked up one of these a couple months ago when they where about $72 at Target. I bought it because my older boys are really into Lego and Star wars however I also bought it equally because I'm also really into Star Wars and Boba Fett was always my favorite as a child. I'm not a Lego reseller however with you guys talking about how much this might be worth I'm starting to think if I should sell it to put a dent in the Mos Eisley set I fell into buying, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

I picked up one of these a couple months ago when they where about $72 at Target. I bought it because my older boys are really into Lego and Star wars however I also bought it equally because I'm also really into Star Wars and Boba Fett was always my favorite as a child. I'm not a Lego reseller however with you guys talking about how much this might be worth I'm starting to think if I should sell it to put a dent in the Mos Eisley set I fell into buying, lol.

And so it begins....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

I picked up one of these a couple months ago when they where about $72 at Target. I bought it because my older boys are really into Lego and Star wars however I also bought it equally because I'm also really into Star Wars and Boba Fett was always my favorite as a child. I'm not a Lego reseller however with you guys talking about how much this might be worth I'm starting to think if I should sell it to put a dent in the Mos Eisley set I fell into buying, lol.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, undoubtedly at some point in the near future they will make another version of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

And so it begins....

LOL. To be honest online selling scares me. Have to worry so much about scammers, etc. I'm into watches (not high end stuff) and over the past several years I've sold quite a few. The only reason I really got into selling them was because I enjoy having different watches and I'm usually just happy if I can sell one without taking too much of a loss or better yet break even. And there is a forum that I am long time member of so its selling mostly between people that are part of the community or I am able to take special precautions if selling to a new person, etc. I've never sold anything on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Now with Lego (from what I can tell) you generally want to have things brand new and still sealed to really get any money out of them. As I mentioned earlier I buy them for my kids to enjoy and I might do a little building with them as well. I know some used sets can get decent return as well however my kids mix everything together and trying to sort out sets would be very challenging.

That said, I like Lego and I really like the creativity, etc. that it inspires in my children however I still haven't found a money tree so I will likely need to find a way to supplement the cost of some of these sets now that I've started paying retail for some.

A year ago I wouldn't budge on any set for less then 50% off and now I'm paying retail on some and even made an offer on ebay for a set selling well above retail that one of my boys really wants. I've actually sold a few watches recently and used that money towards some of the new sets I've gotten for them.

Edited by mplsabdullah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mplsabdullah said:

LOL. To be honest online selling scares me. Have to worry so much about scammers, etc. I'm into watches (not high end stuff) and over the past several years I've sold quite a few. The only reason I really got into selling them was because I enjoy having different watches and I'm usually just happy if I can sell one without taking too much of a loss or better yet break even. And there is a forum that I am long time member of so its selling mostly between people that are part of the community or I am able to take special precautions if selling to a new person, etc. I've never sold anything on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Now with Lego (from what I can tell) you generally want to have things brand new and still sealed to really get any money out of them. As I mentioned earlier I buy them for my kids to enjoy and I might do a little building with them as well. I know some used sets can get decent return as well however my kids mix everything together and trying to sort out sets would be very challenging.

That said, I like Lego and I really like the creativity, etc. that it inspires in my children however I still haven't found a money tree so I will likely need to find a way to supplement the cost of some of these sets now that I've started paying retail for some.

A year ago I wouldn't budge on any set for less then 50% off and now I'm paying retail on some and even made an offer on ebay for a set selling well above retail that one of my boys really wants. I've actually sold a few watches recently and used that money towards some of the new sets I've gotten for them.

You are sooo going to be a LEGO reseller

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, donbee said:


How about the 10th anniversary?

Check out 10198

I'm not sure 10198 is a good comparison.  75244 supersedes 10198 in every way. 

75243 is the best Slave 1 play-sized set to date and it has a very desirable  minifigure (Zuckuss).

75259 20th Annv Snowspeeder has done very nice, especially considering it was on sale at $20 for several weeks before EOL.  Slave 1 went on sale for a matter of days and then was gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally don't put much stock in the 20th anniversary label. But as a fan it is a great set. It has good accuracy (for a non-UCS model), great playability and really good figures. There is no doubt that the leap in value is due to The Mandalorian and Boba's return, and I am holding the few I have left until at least the book of Boba because I think that there will be even more increased interest in the ship then.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tyskr28 said:

I personally don't put much stock in the 20th anniversary label. But as a fan it is a great set. It has good accuracy (for a non-UCS model), great playability and really good figures. There is no doubt that the leap in value is due to The Mandalorian and Boba's return, and I am holding the few I have left until at least the book of Boba because I think that there will be even more increased interest in the ship then.

 

can't forget the Anniversary unique Star Wars Minifigure.  It's not just the box label but a collectible token for the anniversary.  It should huice the appreciation a little...but by far the Book of Boba will be the main booster for interest in this set...and by Dec the set will be "well retired" and memories of clearance prices will be long gone...the new "floor" in pricing should be well established with no clear ceiling for growth.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure 10198 is a good comparison.  75244 supersedes 10198 in every way. 
75243 is the best Slave 1 play-sized set to date and it has a very desirable  minifigure (Zuckuss).
75259 20th Annv Snowspeeder has done very nice, especially considering it was on sale at $20 for several weeks before EOL.  Slave 1 went on sale for a matter of days and then was gone.

You kind of made my point.
My point was the 20th anniversary tag doesn’t guarantee anything, in particular a high ceiling.
The better set will do better. Regardless of 10th, 20th, 50th anniversary.

If a better slave 1 comes out, it will be better. That minifig is exclusive... for now.
The merits of the set are the build and the minifigs. Not the tag.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, donbee said:


You kind of made my point.
My point was the 20th anniversary tag doesn’t guarantee anything, in particular a high ceiling.
The better set will do better. Regardless of 10th, 20th, 50th anniversary.

If a better slave 1 comes out, it will be better. That minifig is exclusive... for now.
The merits of the set are the build and the minifigs. Not the tag.

I agree, "anniversary xx" doesn't mean anything for set value.  The set itself determines the value.

If the rumor holds true that there is another Slave 1 coming out this year (smaller version like the 2021 Tie, X-Wing, and Shuttle) I think this set will do even better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I agree, "anniversary xx" doesn't mean anything for set value.  The set itself determines the value.

If the rumor holds true that there is another Slave 1 coming out this year (smaller version like the 2021 Tie, X-Wing, and Shuttle) I think this set will do even better.

yes, if a lesser one comes out later this year or early 2022; that's the best case scenario for this set.  The best Slave is the UCS 2 years into retirement and a re-issue of a smaller one will increase interest on the Anni Slave...AND assure another Slave will not be released for at least 2-3 years.

W the Book of Boba come Christmas time this year...the Anni Slave has a solid 3 year window of post-EOL selling before any talk of a re-issue.

Currently Amazon has this set listed at $220-$232

Ebay solds are at: $185-$200 (shipping always makes this highly variable)

I see this set's floor at $250 by the holidays and ceiling of $350 (any more the UCS comes into play). 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...