Buy one get one 50%off starting 2/17

hxckid88

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it sad that the BOGO for TRU is decieving. It is one thing to raise prices which is their right, but to do it before a sale... I was going to look at the Pet shop but it is not part of the deal. Anyone getting anything? Thank goodness BP is here to let us know the pitfalls that are out there. Not sure the average mom or dad knows that they are overpaying.

I find it sad that the BOGO for TRU is decieving. It is one thing to raise prices which is their right, but to do it before a sale... I was going to look at the Pet shop but it is not part of the deal. Anyone getting anything? Thank goodness BP is here to let us know the pitfalls that are out there. Not sure the average mom or dad knows that they are overpaying.

i agree with the deceiving part. i don't feel bad for consumers who do not shop around though. it amazes me how toysrus can compete with target and walmart. it seems the only way they can do it is on the sheer quantity of different items they offer. i am certainly not buying anything since even with bogo, you will more than likely break even in comparison to target or amazon.

I'm looking now but it might be hard to find anything that you are saving more than just a couple dollars on. Not only did they raise prices and exclude hard to find items but they are also limiting the quantities on a lot of stuff to 1. Not sure if there are any limits on the quantity in store.

notice that the Fun House which I believe is their exclusive is not even on their?

Unless you mean in store I see the Funhouse on their site but it is $54.99. Even with BOGO sale you are paying more than the regular price.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12261089&prodFindSrc=search

I am amazed at how bad this sale is. I guess I will have to wait for a true BOGO 50% off at Target or elsewhere.

I just looked and wow did they jack up the prices! Yesterday Jabba's Palace and Vampyre Castle were both $99.99, Today they are $149.99 and 109.99, respectively. Seems like TRU relies a lot on pricing misinformation where many buyers aren't aware of the true MSRP or pricing at competitors. Only after they have exhausted those buyers do they ever have a real sale. I did buy some stuff last September when they had the buy two get one free deal. That got me some Vampyre Castles at $78, including tax. I guess I will wait and see if they do that again because none of the prices I've looked at are worth it to me.

The only deal I could see that gives me 8% off Amazon prices is Olivia's Treehouse and Olivia's Speedboat (the Speedboat is EOL'ing), which I got today at local TRU. The other sets I wanted (including Star Wars, etc) were marked up. However, you might be able to get *two* Olivia's House (2nd biggest Friends set I believe) at local TRU- one at MSRP of $79.99 ($5 marked up to my knowledge), another at 50% off - which essentially means you can score two Olivia's House's at 20% off MSRP, mathematically, before tax. I really wanted to pull the trigger on this 20% off, but decided not to, because I already got two Olivia Houses's on Amazon sale at 17% off only recently. You can't do this on the TRU website, because it says limit 1 per customer. It's a shame the bigger Star Wars sets (R2D2, SSD, etc) are not subject to buy 1, get one 50% off. :-( edit: sorry, what I said earlier was incorrect - there's limit of 3 Olivia's House per customer if you shop at TRU online.

I cleaned out the helms deep from my store. I bought 6 sets, with the discount they are just a bit under retail, but they are hard enough to find so I figured I'd pull the trigger, the rest of the items were t or more than amazon/target even after you take into account the sale

During last weeks $15 off $75 purchase sale I picked up 2 x LOTR: The Hobbit Barrel Escape 79004 for $79.48. Doing the math I noticed I would have saved about $8 more with this sale. I asked for a price adjustment and she just knocked off 50% oo one of the items on my receipt. Luckily, she knocked 50% off the sale price of $37.49 (orig. $44.99) and she refunded me $19.86. I ended up getting both of these sets for $59.62 or less than $30 each including tax. I also saw two Super Heroes: The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (6857) sets on the shelf today, so I picked up those as well. Luckily my TRU has these priced at $49.99 each. I ended up getting both of these for $79.48.

I ordered at TRU online:

2 x Olivia's House (3315)

2 x Dino Take Down (5883)

2 x Olivia's Speedboat (3937)

Total was $164.94 before tax.

My local B&****** has Helm's deep. I can get it 25% off, but the box is not mint. Should I do it?

How? Were you using multiple accounts? When I checked it in the early AM, it said customer were limited to one 3315 (Olivia's House).

Edit: Never mind, I must have been looking at some other set. Olivia's House is limit of 3 per customer.