What set do you recommend for my first build in 25 plus years?

pickleboy

• 8 months later...

Sorry, I know we aren't supposed to bring up old threads but this one needed an ending.  I actually never got around to building one back when we had this discussion but built my first set today!  My nephew and I started the Winter Village Cottage.  I am not going to lie, I had a blast.  It was so much fun.  My nephew is 7 and doesn't have the attention span to build the whole thing in one sitting so we will finish tomorrow.  Although I REALLY want to finish it right now.   I actually bought the all the winter village sets to display during the holidays and I have decided that we will build each years new one every Turkey Day.  I am moving and his job is to build the rest of the holiday sets while we move.

I have also bought the entire Monster Fighters line to display next October. 

So while I only built my first set in as long as I can remember, I have plenty more bought and ready to go.  (I seriously don't remember building the sets when I was a kid.  I always did the MOC builds.)

Sorry, I know we aren't supposed to bring up old threads but this one needed an ending.  I actually never got around to building one back when we had this discussion but built my first set today!  My nephew and I started the Winter Village Cottage.  I am not going to lie, I had a blast.  It was so much fun.  My nephew is 7 and doesn't have the attention span to build the whole thing in one sitting so we will finish tomorrow.  Although I REALLY want to finish it right now.   I actually bought the all the winter village sets to display during the holidays and I have decided that we will build each years new one every Turkey Day.  I am moving and his job is to build the rest of the holiday sets while we move.

So while I only built my first set in as long as I can remember, I have plenty more bought and ready to go.  (I seriously don't remember building the sets when I was a kid.  I always did the MOC builds.)

Nice ending to the story. Enjoy building Lego sets in the future.

Congrats! One set I`d also recommend to anyone is the Sopwith Camel. Lovely display piece and just an amazing set all around. One of the best, if not the best, display set(s) in recent history IMHO. Very enjoyable build as well. 

The Tower Bridge was fun, but it can be a bit tedious build because of the 600+ 1x1 30 degree slope bricks.  I enjoyed SSD, but for pure fun and rewarding build I liked R2-D2 the best.  Didn't take nearly as long as the other two and not as difficult - but man it's just a cool build and a fantastic finished product. 

However - I enjoyed all three and bottom line is it's a Lego build - It all awesome.  If you didn't have fun building a Lego set then you're doing something wrong.