TOP SOLD LEGO SETS ***FOR ALL THEMES***!!!

Just launched a new page that will show what the Top 50 most sold sets on eBay were from our most current database update. It will be updated every time the database gets refreshed. This is a great tool to see what the trends of the current most popular selling items are. Perhaps you will see sets on there that you own and might want to part with, now would be a good time to sell those since they are hot with community. It's just another helpful research tool to see what's happening in the LEGO market.

Take a look:

View the Top 50 most sold LEGO sets on eBAY

EDIT: Not only are the TOP 50 SOLD LEGO SETS on EBAY available at the above link, you can also see the TOP SELLING SETS on EBAY for EVERY MAIN THEME. Just click on the tab at the top of the page to scroll down and select a theme. You will see the TOP 25(or less if there is fewer sets in a theme) SOLD SETS for that particular theme chosen. Top of the chart is the TOP SELLING SET.

While the tool itself is great, there is not much on this list that holds any real interest for me. Outside of the Motorized Excavator and possibly some minifigs, I cannot invision myself purchasing the majority of the current top 50 sets. Perhaps there could be a setting for different price points or for currently unavailable sets? It is always interesting to see many items currently available from LEGO Shop at Home going for more money on Ebay. I know it is most likely people who do not have access to LEGO Shop at Home, but still it makes me wonder.

While the tool itself is great, there is not much on this list that holds any real interest for me. Outside of the Motorized Excavator and possibly some minifigs, I cannot invision myself purchasing the majority of the current top 50 sets. Perhaps there could be a setting for different price points or for currently unavailable sets?

It is always interesting to see many items currently available from S@H going for more money on Ebay. I know it is most likely people who do not have access to S@H, but still it makes me wonder.

All valid points. The Top 50 sold sets was kind of predictable...mostly smaller, more affordable sets, but what it does is shows patterns of LEGO fans and collectors and kind of gives you a hint as to what is popular. I like your idea and will talk it over with my brother and see what we can come up with. It might be very useful info if you break it down to the top 25 or so sets of a particular price range. What should the price points be? $0-$100, $101-$200, etc...???

As for people using EBAY over LEGO directly, when LEGO is cheaper for some sets...well, it depends how much more EBAY is priced at. Maybe shipping is free with a particular EBAY listing. There are taxes to be paid to LEGO also, unlike most EBAY listings in the US. I think the real truth is that people are uninformed. Some might be comfortable with using EBAY. Also, it's an addiction for some....they like to win auctions....or maybe people are just stupid. LOL

I guess that's a reason for a site like Brickpicker...to inform the uniformed and to help people pay the proper price for a LEGO item. Once again, I like your idea and I'll mention it to the computer dude. ;-)