Ideas #021: 21314 - TRON Legacy

HandyHand

For fans of the original Tron:  A kind of obscure toy company in Japan called "Medicom" released a great series of Tron collectibles under their "Kubrick" line.  They were only released in Asia and are rare here in the states.  You can sometimes find them on ebay for a reasonable price.  I have two of the sets.  Great packaging and very accurate to the movie.  Google it.

IMG_4251 (2).JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, Mathew said:

For fans of the original Tron:  A kind of obscure toy company in Japan called "Medicom" released a great series of Tron collectibles under their "Kubrick" line.  They were only released in Asia and are rare here in the states.  You can sometimes find them on ebay for a reasonable price.  I have two of the sets.  Great packaging and very accurate to the movie.  Google it.

Back when Media Play was around, I swear remember seeing some of these in store or maybe they were from Medicom's action figures line instead of the Kubrick characters. In any case they are quite good.

Official LEGO release is set for 15:00 today. Presumably that's CET. :P 

Already seen the official box shots of the front and rear. (under embargo)

Two lightbikes, as shown in the teaser, three minifigs as shown on page 1, and a tiled display stand to click the two bikes on.

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Two lightbikes, as shown in the teaser, three minifigs as shown on page 1, and a tiled display stand to click the two bikes on.

I want one right now, with double VIP.

21314 LEGO® Ideas TRON: Legacy
Ages 10+. 230 pieces.

US $34.99 - CA $44.99 - DE 34.99€ - UK £29.99 - DK 300DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Reimagine Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie scenes with LEGO® bricks!

Build Disney’s TRON: Legacy with this LEGO® Ideas set, featuring 2 Light Cycles, 3 minifigures and a TRON grid/display base to recreate the movie chase scene and Identity Disc battle.

Build, play and display with this futuristic LEGO® Ideas 21314 TRON: Legacy set from Disney, featuring 2 Light Cycles, each with minifigure seats and translucent-colored light-style elements, plus a divisible TRON grid with attachment points for the vehicles.

Use the grid as a display base for the Light Cycles or split it in 2 to recreate the chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie. Alternatively, stage an Identity Disc battle between the 3 included LEGO minifigures—Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler—on the grid.

This construction toy includes a booklet with information about its fan creator and LEGO designers, plus the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.

• Includes 3 LEGO® minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
  • Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
  • Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
  • Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-orange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
  • TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
  • Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cycle chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
  • Includes Quorra’s sword.
  • Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs. Attached to the back of each minifigure.
  • This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
  • Each Light Cycle measures over 5cm high, 17cm long and 4cm wide.
  • TRON grid/display base measures over 22cm wide and 9cm deep.

image.thumb.png.c470df104d871bfa90340f724404e8c0.png

4 hours ago, Haay said:

SURPRISE! 40 euros for Lego taxed countries like yours. Easiest pass ever.

58 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Apparently releases 3/31 which is day after 2x VIP ends. :sad trombone: $34.99

Wow...that is a ridiculously terrible price for an otherwise average set. I'm sorry to all the Tron fans, myself included, but that is no where near the price it should be. Like, if there were features added like a pull/release system or a couple of light bricks, I would still say this was too expensive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Wow...that is a ridiculously terrible price for an otherwise average set. I'm sorry to all the Tron fans, myself included, but that is no where near the price it should be. Like, if there were features added like a pull/release system or a couple of light bricks, I would still say this was too expensive. 

This is a $24.99 set.  The Disney "tax" is growing tiresome.

• Like 2

Compared to other Star Wars sets of its size it should be priced at $30. If you’re a big enough fan of the Tron franchise you can pay the $5 “tax” on day one.  Everybody else can wait for a sale.  Nothing really to complain about. This will probably be the only Tron set we get so enjoy it for what it is. 

2 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

What you’re wanting is a toy. This is a “collectible”. It’s like $5 overpriced for s licensed ideas set. It’ll be on sale eventually.