75954 - Hogwarts Great Hall

Val-E

Just now, marcinj said:

So... knowing everybody stocked up on the Great Hall does anybody predict that the 75953 Whomping Willow could be a slipper?

I focused on these specifically due to the connecting nature of the sets. My hope is most people will have the Great Halls and not the Whomping willows years down the line. 

• Like 1

I wonder just how many of this thing Lego made this year. 

Amazon France still have 1000 at least. Smyths still have it in, argos have now restocked. John Lewis seem to be the only one who's had enough lol.

By the time stock dries up they'll probably have a new and improved one out.

43 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

I wonder just how many of this thing Lego made this year. 

Amazon France still have 1000 at least. Smyths still have it in, argos have now restocked. John Lewis seem to be the only one who's had enough lol.

By the time stock dries up they'll probably have a new and improved one out.

boy am i glad i skipped this one over.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I was doing an inventory check and I came across this on a couple of my Hogwarts Great Hall sets. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and/or know if this would affect the value.

There’s a sticker over the set number and piece count area that just duplicates the same exact info. You can even see the original box info underneath. I mean it looks nice enough but I’ve never seen this before. I do recall buying these during the early days of the pandemic when the Lego shortage was going on (can’t recall where exactly).

Any thoughts?

03DADA62-C7B3-4839-AD3F-C85B7BFBA152.jpeg

F62EA652-B145-4402-8C02-DC56198AB6D2.jpeg

16 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I was doing an inventory check and I came across this on a couple of my Hogwarts Great Hall sets. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and/or know if this would affect the value.

There’s a sticker over the set number and piece count area that just duplicates the same exact info. You can even see the original box info underneath. I mean it looks nice enough but I’ve never seen this before. I do recall buying these during the early days of the pandemic when the Lego shortage was going on (can’t recall where exactly).

Any thoughts?

F62EA652-B145-4402-8C02-DC56198AB6D2.jpeg

It’s the USA sticker that includes the required piece count. Just like you said when there was inventory issues Lego shipped a bunch of sets over that were not originally intended for distribution here. 

14 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Any thoughts?

Those were EU boxes that LEGO brought to the US to stock US retailers in mid 2020.  They slapped white stickers over the set number to add piece counts and over UPC to cover EAN.  I have not sold any of those boxes yet so not sure how that would effect values

I've sold a bunch of sets with these stickers. You better make it clear that this is an 'official EU LEGO box with US stickers applied by LEGO'. or some such note. I've had  a few "Box is fine, set is perfect but seller for some reason put stickers all over the box. Would not have bought" or some other such whiny comment.

49 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I've sold a bunch of sets with these stickers. You better make it clear that this is an 'official EU LEGO box with US stickers applied by LEGO'. or some such note. I've had  a few "Box is fine, set is perfect but seller for some reason put stickers all over the box. Would not have bought" or some other such whiny comment.

Thanks, this is probably what I was most concerned about. At first I thought it was strange to put a sticker with the same info as the box but I didn’t notice the piece count missing. Makes sense these were pulled from EU to stock US shelves.

thanks everyone 

Edited by MrToes16

1 hour ago, chaozz said:

If you sell on Amazon your better off to remove the sticker, Or they think it's fake

i sold hundreds sets on amazon with the sticker on including great halls, slave 1 knight bus, 75214 anikin starfighter, hp quidditch and no one said a peep.  

this is a nothing burger imo but ymmv if your luck sucks.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

i sold hundreds sets on amazon with the sticker on including great halls, slave 1 knight bus, 75214 anikin starfighter, hp quidditch and no one said a peep.  

this is a nothing burger imo but ymmv if your luck sucks.

I'm surprised you have got that many from online retailers.We got a few last year from Wm on Haggards hut.Think I saw that knight bus at target. 

Every year on amazon we get around 5 complaints of items being fake, Most always the euro box.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:09 AM, chaozz said:

I'm surprised you have got that many from online retailers.We got a few last year from Wm on Haggards hut.Think I saw that knight bus at target. 

Every year on amazon we get around 5 complaints of items being fake, Most always the euro box.

5 complaints of fake items a year, and Amazon hasn't restricted you? I have a lot of those Euro boxes with stickers and not looking forward to sending any in. Probably gonna hold till they mature enough to sell off on Ebay.  Cladner gives me hope though, but the man has luck that most of us do not have.

Edit, I see you put down to get rid of the sticker. That's been my intuition to do. Cleaner look too.

Edited by LegoBro

5 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Edit, I see you put down to get rid of the sticker. That's been my intuition to do. Cleaner look too.

Yea they heat off easy, I listed a set on ebay I got from legoland, that had stickers, the person complained it was fake, Trying to tell me Lego would never do that.

5 complaints of fake items a year, and Amazon hasn't restricted you? I have a lot of those Euro boxes with stickers and not looking forward to sending any in. Probably gonna hold till they mature enough to sell off on Ebay.  Cladner gives me hope though, but the man has luck that most of us do not have.

I’ve always been wary of removing those stickers because the EU box is different enough than the US version to make me worry that someone would think it is fake due to the missing text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/5/2022 at 2:09 PM, chaozz said:

may i ask, complaints as in a to z or garden variety feedback/messages

anyone complains these are not real, direct them to this youtube video from 2020 to educate them.  there was this thing called COVID.  people got sick.  factories shut down and supply lines were broken.  maybe they heard of it.

Edited by cladner