75204 - Sandspeeder

Mark Twain

On 11/5/2017 at 11:35 AM, Alpinemaps said:

This set might be from Battlefront II. We don’t know yet that it’s from TLJ.

I suspect much rioting if it’s from TLJ.

Box art shows Jakku.  Battelfront II is supposed to explain the Battle of Jakku.

If it is from the game, I like that SW story group is incorporating old toy concepts like this into it and canon the same way Rebels did with the Imperial Troop Transport and a ton of Ralph McQuarrie drawings.  Again, if from Battlefront II, nice to see we're getting at least one set from the game this time rather than just battle packs like they did when the original Battlefront came out.

From a set design standpoint it seems lazy but I think understanding the story behind it helps rationalize it.

To play devils advocate, though, the red dust speeders going up against walkers on Crait is still a little too similar to the Hoth fight.

Edited by dkoenig926

2 hours ago, dkoenig926 said:

Box art shows Jakku.  Battelfront II is supposed to explain the Battle of Jakku.

If thats true then I may have to go for WW2 instead as a map of snakes vs sandspeeder's seems unsporting.

Also Jakku wasn't really a batte as it was more a mass suicide   for the empire to destroy the rebels.

Edited by Will 4

5 hours ago, zskid00 said:

The only thing missing is a speeder bike pack-in with the same color scheme.  Also, is anyone wondering why that thing is taking down a moisture vaporater?     

That’s because it was being used to grow “hyper spice” for imperial soldiers.  The rebel DEA ended that gig.

• 3 weeks later...

saw 6 of these on a shelf at target ringing up $29.99 - anyone know when  the release date is - not up at shop at home and not seeing a release date under brickset.  nothing on amazon.  forgot to take a pic of the dcpi.  selling for $49 on ebay.  not much meat.

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, cladner said:

saw 6 of these on a shelf at target ringing up $29.99 - anyone know when  the release date is - not up at shop at home and not seeing a release date under brickset.  nothing on amazon.  forgot to take a pic of the dcpi.  selling for $49 on ebay.  not much meat.

12/1

• Thanks 1

What a sadly accurate description of how little fun this set will be for a child: "There's also a toppling moisture vaporator, which any budding Sandspeeder pilot will love to use for target practice." 

On an aside, can anyone make out the odd writing on the box art directly above and to the right of the sandspeeder? I haven't played BF2-does it have something to do with the game?