75204 - Sandspeeder

Mark Twain

5 hours ago, TANV said:

Before everyone gets up in arms about how this MIGHT be in The Last Jedi, I direct you to @fossilrock post before.  Furthermore, I found this tidbit, which makes a lot more plausible sense to explain what this is.

No need to grab our pitchforks...yet...

I read that as well and find it highly unlikely that Disney would release an entirely random set amidst TLJ Lego roll out. We already have scenes of the remade AT ATs on a desert planet and Disney got away with rebooting ANH as TFA, so all I’m waiting for is the big “I am your father” moment from Luke to Rey, or if Disney gets really dark . . . Kylo REN. We know he likes to kiss his sister.

From a "please, please do something original" perspective, if this is actually in the TLJ, then yes, terrible! From a "please, please do something new" perspective, if this is all LEGO can come up with to try and boost sales, then yes, horrible. But, from the perspective of someone who likes to dally in MOCs that are set in the SW universe but certainly not canon, I'm pretty excited for a nice rendition of an iconic vehicle that can be incorporated into other settings besides snow. Swap out a few tan pieces for dark green pieces and you've got a vehicle that looks nice swooping over a variety of terrain. Looking forward to picking one up when it inevitably hits a nice discount! 

Also, the fact that the "bad guy" on the back of the box is a snake makes me laugh. A vehicle that was virtually useless against AT-ATs minus the tow cable has apparently been relegated to patrolling for snakes and other pests. 

Edited by legorunner

1 hour ago, whoisbiggles said:

or Luke could reveal he's Reys father then cut off her hand

Or both hands.  There was no limb amputation in TFA, perhaps there will be 2 in TLJ to make up for it :P

1 hour ago, legorunner said:

Also, the fact that the "bad guy" on the back of the box is a snake makes me laugh. A vehicle that was virtually useless against AT-ATs minus the tow cable has apparently been relegated to patrolling for snakes and other pests. 

Somebody still needs to patrol those moisture farms during peaceful time :P

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TANV said:

Before everyone gets up in arms about how this MIGHT be in The Last Jedi, I direct you to @fossilrock post before.  Furthermore, I found this tidbit, which makes a lot more plausible sense to explain what this is.

No need to grab our pitchforks...yet...

15 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I read that as well and find it highly unlikely that Disney would release an entirely random set amidst TLJ Lego roll out.

But that's quite obviously what they have done. It's this thing.

kenner_tec_sandspeederconcept.jpg

This isn't really a debate or opinion situation.

It's a neat homage to a Kenner toy that never was.

Bang on TFA all you want for being derivative, but this is a really cool nod to fans of Star Wars & Kenner.

Even if they put this thing in the movie, that's still what it would be. A clever nod to the uber-nerds

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1