Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

54 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

But why buy now and at full retail? Future supply issues (assuming you're after 100's) and low chance of discount?

After all these years I'm surprised this question is asked.  Let's say this only brings in 20% ROI in the next 45 days. That more profit added to this Q4. Period. Not to mention there are many unknowns, like with all sets, so this might go very high this Q4. Now that being said I did cancel my 50 units from Target last night because I was able to get them at 15% off somewhere else. Sorry, don't send me any emails asking how. Oh also, I'll say this again, the folks that enjoy letting sets collect dust for years need QFLLs. It helps them gauge what the possible future price will be after retirement & also helps them decide how many to add to their inventory.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, LegoSteve said:

After all these years I'm surprised this question is asked.  Let's say this only brings in 20% ROI in the next 45 days. That more profit added to this Q4. Period. Not to mention there are many unknowns, like with all sets, so this might go very high this Q4. Now that being said I did cancel my 50 units from Target last night because I was able to get them at 15% off somewhere else. Sorry, don't send me any emails asking how. Oh also, I'll say this again, the folks that enjoy letting sets collect dust for years need QFLLs. It helps them gauge what the possible future price will be after retirement & also helps them decide how many to add to their inventory.

I somewhat agree as QFLLs are good for getting rid of excess items quickly adding to the rarity of those remaining later on. I had 20% off the ones that I ordered yesterday and I have no intention of cancelling even if I see them at 30% off tomorrow. I'd rather make 100% on a set in 2yrs than 50% now. At least these sets are small enough to store and forget.

John Lewis have now sold nearly 3/4 of their stock and the biggest order is not mine!

Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

When they go OOS, the question is: how long before a new batch is produced? Are thousands upon thousands sitting in Kladno waiting to be distributed, or will they not do another run for a couple of months (as with the Saturn V)?

“Nobody outside LEGO knows” which is why it’s exciting for us. It can either be as rare as Research Institute or as common as Exo Suit. Having the NASA logo tells me that initial supply could be limited like the Mars Rover and Saturn V was. There could be a big QFLL window before Xmas, who knows?

Worth a punt I think ;-)

57 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

After all these years I'm surprised this question is asked.  Let's say this only brings in 20% ROI in the next 45 days. That more profit added to this Q4. Period.

My question was directed at Tabby as we are both in the UK. A far tougher market than the States.

Anyway, I'll steer clear of this set - it's for the big boys by the looks of it.

Interesting. Limit of 2 online at LEGO Shop at Home UK. 

But 3 at the Lego store. That's 3 per day per person. And only enforced if the staff recognise you.

Also, the Watford store still have the VIP Polybag in stock and give it to you if you spend over the £100. 
So I added a Ferrari F40 as it's rumoured to go EOL.

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Of course, the same goes for every nice new set. I’m not flipping as the market is already flooded. I’ll hang on for another 2yrs as I did with the RI sets. LEGO would’ve sold out if the limit was higher. JL have already sold over half.

Did you call them? They helped me out.

No, I didnt call them. Im not looking for tens of boxes.. I could buy a few more pieces using my other accounts but Im fine for now. I just wanted to share my bit regarding the "unavailability of a free shipping" (wrapping paper idea).

3 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

When they go OOS, the question is: how long before a new batch is produced? Are thousands upon thousands sitting in Kladno waiting to be distributed, or will they not do another run for a couple of months (as with the Saturn V)?

Nice of you to recognize the Kladno plant, however you are mistaken - in fact the sets are produced in Hungary, then transferred to Kladno for wrapping/packing and then they go further to Munich (European Warehouse).

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Captain_chaos said:

Only 70 left at John Lewis now, and OOS at TRU online. Still available now on LEGO Shop at Home.

Don’t dilly-dally, guys. I plan to clear out JL in the morning.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

No they are English pounds but the pound will soon be on a 1:1 exchange rate with peanuts.

Just as well that some of my savings are in digital assets ;-)