Grrrrrr...more idiots

justgod

I received two packages today via USPS: 9450 bought off ebay. Listed as brand new with pics to match. Seller slapped a label on the LEGO box and put it in the mail. How moronic is this? Of course, box was completely destroyed. 9516 bought off Amazon as new from third party. Shipped in brown paper only. Box destroyed. After taking pictures, I removed the rest of the brown paper. One end of the box had been opened PRIOR to being shipped and was taped shut. Upon opening the box, bag 1 had been opened at some point and taped shut. I just want to smack these people upside the head. I sure with there was some recourse to be compensated for my time in having to deal with the e-mail and return processes. Sure I will get my money back, but who pays for my time?

Shipped in brown paper only. Box destroyed.

This never happened to me until 2012 and then it happened four times. I had sets twice shipped in paper coverings and twice shipped in plastic bags. Every one of the boxes was hammered and I complained. I wonder if some people are shipping damaged boxes so they can file a shipping damage claim?

One of those plastic bags was from Kmart, but I'm okay with them now because they refunded all my money and let me keep the set!

Sorry man I just trying to lighten the mood. I feel your pain man! I stopped ordering online a long time ago. I only buy sets that I can hand pick from the actual store. I live in a big city though with 3 LEGO stores within a 20 mile radius so its much easier for me than some people.

All good. It is always such a gamble. Rolled the dice, crapped out!

I would leave negative feedback that is just ridiculous to ship it like that.

Maybe then sellers will learn how to properly ship a lego set.

It will be left, but I am going to wait until after everything is settled. One of them may offer to let me keep the set, in which case I will spare them the feedback.

One of those plastic bags was from Kmart, but I'm okay with them now because they refunded all my money and let me keep the set!

Hoping I get that lucky. I am owed some Karma...

Just how unethical is to send back the sets "missing" a few minifigs? Not that I would do that, but I sure wish stupidity was painful.

I know exactly how you feel. I just got two packages where the box was hammered. I am never buying off of eBay or Amazon again.

I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of sellers (especially those on this site) who legitimately care about the packages they send, but if possible I would love to pick my items off the shelf.

Just how unethical is to send back the sets "missing" a few minifigs? Not that I would do that, but I sure wish stupidity was painful.

I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of sellers (especially those on this site) who legitimately care about the packages they send, but if possible I would love to pick my items off the shelf.

I agree.

Also, Amazon does have a pretty good return policy that makes it very easy for return, plus they have cooperative customer service!

Sometimes, you will see AMAZING Amazon deals that you just can't pass up on....

Very unethical. Even with their stupidity, I don't think any of us here should condone that behavior (make a few minifigs go "missing"). They were dealing with complete sets before this, it is reasonable for them to expect to get everything back as well if you're getting a refund.

I agree.

Also, Amazon does have a pretty good return policy that makes it very easy for return, plus they have cooperative customer service!

Sometimes, you will see AMAZING Amazon deals that you just can't pass up on....

I agree, without Amazon or eBay, you just are not going to find the deals. You might as well give up on the LEGO investment business waiting for LEGO to discount sets. I have had a 99% success rate with those retailers. Sure, there are some damaged boxes, but the Amazon returns and eBay customer service is excellent.

I have sold many things on Ebay in the past and have a 100% rating with almost 100% feedback. However, I have not sold any Lego sets yet as I will wait until they retire. When I do, I will clearly state in my description how I will ship the box and protect the Lego box and even show a picture of the box I will ship it in. (I mention these as I have learned a lot from this web site about shipping) Extra pictures are only like ten cents. I have always enjoyed chit chatting with many buyers when they have questions, etc. I guess my suggestion is to read the description by the sellers and if necessary "ask the seller" how they plan to ship the set. Most sellers would be happy to answer questions before bidding - at least small time sellers like me.