Marvel & DC - general discussion

TheOrcKing

any rumors on the next super hero "UCS"?  they had a two year run with Arkham, which was replaced with the Tumbler.  So we may not see another DC set until late 2016.  But we also got the helicarrier just a few months after the tumbler, and SW UCS sets are coming in droves.  Could we see more Marvel UCS sets in the near future?  It seems LEGO has a closer relationship now with Marvel (Disney ties likely helping there).  So another UCS marvel set the end of this year or early next is certainly possible.  The tumbler seems to be doing well, but I am not sure about the helicarrier.  Though at a much higher price point its not really surprising.  So what will they do next? UCS Iron Man or Hulk? Quinjet or Milano? Maybe an Tower or Lab set?

At the providence RI store opening they were building a giant hulk, based on a smaller USC scale model.  

http://www.providencejournal.com/photogallery/PJ/20150628/PHOTOGALLERY/628009999/PH/165_166_629_2710_2711 could be interesting....

Edited by jay4e

• 6 months later...
On 29/6/2015 at 10:38 PM, jay4e said:

any rumors on the next super hero "UCS"?  they had a two year run with Arkham, which was replaced with the Tumbler.  So we may not see another DC set until late 2016.  But we also got the helicarrier just a few months after the tumbler, and SW UCS sets are coming in droves.  Could we see more Marvel UCS sets in the near future?  It seems LEGO has a closer relationship now with Marvel (Disney ties likely helping there).  So another UCS marvel set the end of this year or early next is certainly possible.  The tumbler seems to be doing well, but I am not sure about the helicarrier.  Though at a much higher price point its not really surprising.  So what will they do next? UCS Iron Man or Hulk? Quinjet or Milano? Maybe an Tower or Lab set?

At the providence RI store opening they were building a giant hulk, based on a smaller USC scale model.  

http://www.providencejournal.com/photogallery/PJ/20150628/PHOTOGALLERY/628009999/PH/165_166_629_2710_2711 could be interesting....

Surprisingly, I'd be interested in a UCS Milano or Quinjet, simply because the available versions feel too down scaled. I just fear that they'd scale them either too big for figures (which is resolvable) or too small like the Helicarrier and integrate one or two playable features that eat up on a lot of space as they did with the Helicarrier...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, so is there a better way to trade mini figures? I made a trade thread on this site and while I was able to make a couple trades, I don't know how many people actually see it and I was hoping to find a good forum where other people like myself collect minifgures and are interested in trading. 

I collect Super hero figures.  I have over 80 now and still want another 50 or so.   Have some rare ones I would trade. 

But I don't want to keep this topic going for trades when there is a trading forum already, just looking for more help, if there are more websites that are legit that people find each other more often to trade. 

Thanks. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse
34 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

Hi everyone, so is there a better way to trade mini figures? I made a trade thread on this site and while I was able to make a couple trades, I don't know how many people actually see it and I was hoping to find a good forum where other people like myself collect minifgures and are interested in trading. 

I collect Super hero figures.  I have over 80 now and still want another 50 or so.   Have some rare ones I would trade. 

But I don't want to keep this topic going for trades when there is a trading forum already, just looking for more help, if there are more websites that are legit that people find each other more often to trade. 

Thanks. 

wanna add a link to your trade thread? 

37 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

Thanks.

Just a couple suggestions. Try adding more Haves. Also, don't tell people how much you value their potential trade at without placing a similar value on your items.

I know so few of the comic book characters and yet it's still my favorite theme. It's neat going back to the start of this thread reading what people hoped for 3 years ago and seeing that a good number of them have been made since.

17 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

wanna add a link to your trade thread? 

Found it:

57 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Just a couple suggestions. Try adding more Haves. Also, don't tell people how much you value their potential trade at without placing a similar value on your items.

I only have what I have.  Not much I can do about that. I have some good ones though and enough to trade as is I feel. I do have 3 full Nightwings though which are rare enough to get multiple figures each trade on its own.  

Also like I said in the thread, only reason I put the prices on my want list is because it lets me know how much approx I can buy them for including shipping.  It's a personal thing and it's also because I copy and pasted from my list and now I can't edit that out.  

It also won't let me edit my thread anymore to add anything even if I did get new figures. 

But thanks. and thanks lodibricks for adding the link. 

As we all know mini figures can be very expensive and I've been spending a lot.  Really need to start focusing on trading the ones I have for the ones I need.  Most people can use a Nightwing so that should be good trade bait right there.  Looking for a larger audience too. 

I found a site called swapfig.com and while people have lists on there, I've sent multiple messages and no one ever gets back so seems like people aren't actually using the site actively not to mention the site itself could be a bit improved.  Want a safe place trusting place to trade and people on here are those types. 

Thanks guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Might be some value there after Batman vs Superman comes out as it shows that battle again from different viewpoints, plus Zod's corpse makes an appearance so this is the only way to get the body right now. Rumours are that Darkseid is the main Justice League villain and may even have a cameo in this film so if you can get the Darkside Invasion set that's starting to disappear that might do well, especially with the exclusive Hawkman, Green Arrow and Cyborg.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Dcurve brought up a good point over on a different thread Posted 6 minutes ago. Is the Deadpool movie not getting any sets? To violent for TLG's focus consumer? (yes) Maybe thats why we got these. Would be a shame not to get a Colossus minifig.

24 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

Dcurve brought up a good point over on a different thread Posted 6 minutes ago. Is the Deadpool movie not getting any sets? To violent for TLG's focus consumer? (yes) Maybe thats why we got these. Would be a shame not to get a Colossus minifig.

There have been rumors for years that Marvel has been minimizing exposure of X-Men products. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was the last time that they really had product support for one of the films. First Class had 2 TRU exclusive comic packs using repainted figures. There hasn't been an animated series in years, and they even went so far as to kill Wolverine to lower interest in the X-Men. 2 X-Men sets is kind of a victory, considering how little is making it out into the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Age of Ultron with the kids last night ... what a so-so movie. My oldest walked away from it during one of the long and boring talking scenes. They were disappointed with how little Hulk there was in the movie. I don't think there will ever be any desire to collect those specific sets in our house. We are definitely suffering from Super Hero fatigue.

The biggest question was "how could The Justice pick up Thor's hammer?" and "what was the name of the guy at the end?" Google to the rescue!

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I watched Age of Ultron with the kids last night ... what a so-so movie. My oldest walked away from it during one of the long and boring talking scenes. They were disappointed with how little Hulk there was in the movie. I don't think there will ever be any desire to collect those specific sets in our house. We are definitely suffering from Super Hero fatigue.

The biggest question was "how could The Justice pick up Thor's hammer?" and "what was the name of the guy at the end?" Google to the rescue!

My son loves it!  That is all...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gregpj said:

Vision was able to pick up Mjolnir from strength of character I would believe the same way how only Thor can wield it of his own valor. And the guy at the end was Thanos showing off his Infinity Gauntlet.

So with the quinjet in the new giant ant man airport sent it looks like my 40$ half off walmart quinjet city chase wasn't as good as I thought.  I didn't think it would be a major winner or anything but didn't think I would have trouble getting the 80 retail for it in a couple months. Now I wonder. 

5 hours ago, CoastaLego said:

So with the quinjet in the new giant ant man airport sent it looks like my 40$ half off walmart quinjet city chase wasn't as good as I thought.  I didn't think it would be a major winner or anything but didn't think I would have trouble getting the 80 retail for it in a couple months. Now I wonder. 

Quinjet is weird. I thought the first one would be a good winner 6869, but then there was a remake. Now another. Despite being in a few films, it just doesn't seem to have much fan appeal since they never really do anything with it except transport from point A to point B. It needs a Tie-Fighter equivalent to do battle with. 

On 2/6/2016 at 7:52 AM, brickcrazyhouse said:

RE: Deadpool - released by Fox, so similar to X-Men, I think it's more an issue of licensing rights.

• Like 1

I'd say the bigger issue with 76032 may be the lack of exclusive minifigs. With Black Widow and the motorcycle being released in the significantly cheaper crossbones set, only Vision and the final form of ultron remain minifig draws. Vision is still alive so he'll probably be appearing in future sets and I doubt most people will care about collecting all the forms of ultron.

The Quinjet in 76032 is better in every way in my opinion. I built the new sets with my kids this evening and the Quinjet was the most dissapointing vehicle of any of the sets. Its short and stubby. Most of the 800+ prices went to Giant-man, the little truck and airport tower while the majority of the pieces in 76032 went to the Quinjet.

11 hours ago, Soadfan4ever said:

I'd say the bigger issue with 76032 may be the lack of exclusive minifigs. With Black Widow and the motorcycle being released in the significantly cheaper crossbones set, only Vision and the final form of ultron remain minifig draws. Vision is still alive so he'll probably be appearing in future sets and I doubt most people will care about collecting all the forms of ultron.

The Quinjet in 76032 is better in every way in my opinion. I built the new sets with my kids this evening and the Quinjet was the most dissapointing vehicle of any of the sets. Its short and stubby. Most of the 800+ prices went to Giant-man, the little truck and airport tower while the majority of the pieces in 76032 went to the Quinjet.

How was the giant-man build??  That's the only reason I want that set. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chookfam said:

Uhh Age of Ultron sets? I haven't seen anything on the investment value in any of the sets, or am I just not looking in the right place?????

Also, the Carnage Shield Sky Attack... all the minifigures are exclusive...

So is that wave of Marvel sets... Lame???

I love the Avengers Tower. But that's probably just personal preference. As far as it goes, The exclusive figures are the various Ultrons that are all virtually indistinguishable, an Iron Man that is indistinguishable, a Hawkeye  that is virtually indistinguishable, a Scarlet Witch that might be better than the Civil War one, Vision, Quicksilver Iron Legion and Baron Strucker.

If it weren't for the fact that the airport battle made the quinjet city chase almost completely redundant, I would have put my money on that one. The Vision is the only part of that set that people will go crazy for. Hulkbuster is the best contender for increase.

• Like 1