21137 - The Mountain Cave

Val-E

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

43 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

this set was a correct guess in ravenb99's retirement riddle and is on the list to be retired in 2018.

looking at the village performance, this set should make it to $500 fba amazon - low $400s on ebay  within reasonable time frame so if that seems worth it to you at rrp buyin, go for it.   toycentric is selling them for $389  on amazon  so that's your theoretical maximal cap on the ebay price for now - lol.  if you can wait it out til seller count gets very low, this could be a $700 set in 3-4 years.  upside:  little chance of a remake.  downside:  unlikely waning of minecraft interest.  still going strong but anything could happen. 

it was on sale for $199 multiple times.  i bought several at that price point.  personally not enthusiastic at msrp given clearance abundance in my neighborhood  but still will do better than any other large retiring set so msrp could work out maybe.  then there comes the risk of selling a large set and getting scammed...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:08 AM, cladner said:

this set was a correct guess in ravenb99's retirement riddle and is on the list to be retired in 2018.

looking at the village performance, this set should make it to $500 fba amazon - low $400s on ebay  within reasonable time frame so if that seems worth it to you at rrp buyin, go for it.   toycentric is selling them for $389  on amazon  so that's your theoretical maximal cap on the ebay price for now - lol.  if you can wait it out til seller count gets very low, this could be a $700 set in 3-4 years.  upside:  little chance of a remake.  downside:  unlikely waning of minecraft interest.  still going strong but anything could happen. 

it was on sale for $199 multiple times.  i bought several at that price point.  personally not enthusiastic at msrp given clearance abundance in my neighborhood  but still will do better than any other large retiring set so msrp could work out maybe.  then there comes the risk of selling a large set and getting scammed...

Seller count is down to 3 for those that are on Amazon!! ...One of which is toycentric...

What do people see this going to? I have 4 left and planning to hold out on these.

36 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Seller count is down to 3 for those that are on Amazon!! ...One of which is toycentric...

What do people see this going to? I have 4 left and planning to hold out on these.

It’s made up of mostly common pieces, but that charged creeper has a unique head mold to only that set with none available on BL. I can’t see LEGO rereleasing this set. Possibly $600.00 during the holidays? Depends if @exciter1 or amazon have a truckload somewhere they forgot about ?

Edited by Foreman Porgy

lowest instock fba is $500 atm.  

the village is hitting 2.195 msrp. 

using similar logic that gets mountain cave $550ish  however the magic spice is the seller count on mountain cave is only 3 where its 11 on the village.

top performing theme like minecraft where very low seller count sets like witch huts are selling for $190s - maybe this thing can get to $750 in a year or so.

but then comes the worry of getting scammed.

surprised its doing this well given that it did linger a little on amazon.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Yes, both are big. One is a great investment, one is an overhoarded waste of storage space.

16 sellers on Amazon, Around $500USD, and most of them have 1 or 2 in stock. Unless I don't know enough about how Amazon inventory works, I'll take those numbers all day long. 

Edited by Brystheguy

5 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

16 sellers on Amazon, Around $500USD, and most of them have 1 or 2 in stock. Unless I don't know enough about how Amazon inventory works, I'll take those numbers all day long. 

eBay:

Over 100 sellers for 70620. Only 3 sellers for 21137. 

You tell me which is better...

I already sold both my 70620s, too much dead money. Bought them 40% off so they did just fine. It'll reach 400 max, just like GB HQ. No comparison to Mountain Cave.

Edited by elmaslıefendi

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

eBay:

Over 100 sellers for 70620. Only 3 sellers for 21137. 

You tell me which is better...

I already sold both my 70620s, too much dead money. Bought them 40% off so they did just fine. It'll reach 400 max, just like GB HQ. No comparison to Mountain Cave.

No comparison because one has a full year head start on the other.  MC was selling for only 10% above RRP this time last year.

image.thumb.png.6dbfd60a00bd1c533d33af12a5fee354.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Ninjago Docks will be the winner here. Everyone who buys your "overhoarded waste of storage space"  will eventually want one. 

I would love that😂

Maybe the docks is the underdog here...perhaps the supply is lower on this one because everyone went home with 5 cities....

Edited by benjamin4172

• 9 months later...