Jump to content

21137 - The Mountain Cave


Recommended Posts

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically Minecraft theme.  

Welp. Wasn't expecting that.   Just sold one on Ebay for 449.99...to our buddy toyscentric. Mixed feelings on that but being gated myself at Amazon, cany complain.   3 left for me...   Sent from my S

Posted Images

I like the set, my son built it and I own 5 total, one opened of course. 

Its a huge heavy set so shipping will be an issue in the future.  But, its the largest Minecraft set and I don't know if they will ever make another huge one like this in the future

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Looks like this is set for retired in the EU - and likely in the US. Looked like a short life. 

Something personally just draws me to the set, not sure if it's the nerd/Minecraft in me. 

Looks like Target is the only place it is popping in/out of. How deep are others going to get this at RRP?

this set was a correct guess in ravenb99's retirement riddle and is on the list to be retired in 2018.

looking at the village performance, this set should make it to $500 fba amazon - low $400s on ebay  within reasonable time frame so if that seems worth it to you at rrp buyin, go for it.   toycentric is selling them for $389  on amazon  so that's your theoretical maximal cap on the ebay price for now - lol.  if you can wait it out til seller count gets very low, this could be a $700 set in 3-4 years.  upside:  little chance of a remake.  downside:  unlikely waning of minecraft interest.  still going strong but anything could happen. 

it was on sale for $199 multiple times.  i bought several at that price point.  personally not enthusiastic at msrp given clearance abundance in my neighborhood  but still will do better than any other large retiring set so msrp could work out maybe.  then there comes the risk of selling a large set and getting scammed...

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:08 AM, cladner said:

this set was a correct guess in ravenb99's retirement riddle and is on the list to be retired in 2018.

looking at the village performance, this set should make it to $500 fba amazon - low $400s on ebay  within reasonable time frame so if that seems worth it to you at rrp buyin, go for it.   toycentric is selling them for $389  on amazon  so that's your theoretical maximal cap on the ebay price for now - lol.  if you can wait it out til seller count gets very low, this could be a $700 set in 3-4 years.  upside:  little chance of a remake.  downside:  unlikely waning of minecraft interest.  still going strong but anything could happen. 

it was on sale for $199 multiple times.  i bought several at that price point.  personally not enthusiastic at msrp given clearance abundance in my neighborhood  but still will do better than any other large retiring set so msrp could work out maybe.  then there comes the risk of selling a large set and getting scammed...

Seller count is down to 3 for those that are on Amazon!! ...One of which is toycentric...

What do people see this going to? I have 4 left and planning to hold out on these.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, yukmeez said:

Seller count is down to 3 for those that are on Amazon!! ...One of which is toycentric...

What do people see this going to? I have 4 left and planning to hold out on these.

 

 

It’s made up of mostly common pieces, but that charged creeper has a unique head mold to only that set with none available on BL. I can’t see LEGO rereleasing this set. Possibly $600.00 during the holidays? Depends if @exciter1 or amazon have a truckload somewhere they forgot about ?

Edited by Foreman Porgy
Link to post
Share on other sites

lowest instock fba is $500 atm.  

the village is hitting 2.195 msrp. 

using similar logic that gets mountain cave $550ish  however the magic spice is the seller count on mountain cave is only 3 where its 11 on the village.

top performing theme like minecraft where very low seller count sets like witch huts are selling for $190s - maybe this thing can get to $750 in a year or so.

but then comes the worry of getting scammed.

surprised its doing this well given that it did linger a little on amazon.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Yes, both are big. One is a great investment, one is an overhoarded waste of storage space.

16 sellers on Amazon, Around $500USD, and most of them have 1 or 2 in stock. Unless I don't know enough about how Amazon inventory works, I'll take those numbers all day long. 

Edited by Brystheguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

16 sellers on Amazon, Around $500USD, and most of them have 1 or 2 in stock. Unless I don't know enough about how Amazon inventory works, I'll take those numbers all day long. 

eBay:

Over 100 sellers for 70620. Only 3 sellers for 21137. 

You tell me which is better...

I already sold both my 70620s, too much dead money. Bought them 40% off so they did just fine. It'll reach 400 max, just like GB HQ. No comparison to Mountain Cave.

Edited by elmaslıefendi
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

eBay:

Over 100 sellers for 70620. Only 3 sellers for 21137. 

You tell me which is better...

I already sold both my 70620s, too much dead money. Bought them 40% off so they did just fine. It'll reach 400 max, just like GB HQ. No comparison to Mountain Cave.

No comparison because one has a full year head start on the other.  MC was selling for only 10% above RRP this time last year.

image.thumb.png.6dbfd60a00bd1c533d33af12a5fee354.png

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Yes, both are big. One is a great investment, one is an overhoarded waste of storage space.

Ninjago Docks will be the winner here. Everyone who buys your "overhoarded waste of storage space"  will eventually want one. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Ninjago Docks will be the winner here. Everyone who buys your "overhoarded waste of storage space"  will eventually want one. 

 

I would love that😂

Maybe the docks is the underdog here...perhaps the supply is lower on this one because everyone went home with 5 cities....

Edited by benjamin4172
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...