21137 - The Mountain Cave

Val-E

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 10:39 PM, Phil B said:

Looks like it's easily 2500-3000 pieces. I'm expecting a full Mine on the back, judging from the tracks and the Mine shaft supports on the left.

Ballpark!

Much better value for money than the Village.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Much better value for money than the Village.

Let's guess about the RRP for the LEGO-taxed countries... :P  RRP for Germany is €250, so for Netherlands/Belgium I'm guessing ... €280.... 

And what's your guesstimate for Spain? ;) 

49 minutes ago, Haay said:

Let's guess about the RRP for the LEGO-taxed countries... :P  RRP for Germany is €250, so for Netherlands/Belgium I'm guessing ... €280.... 

Dr Evil 1m USD meme placeholder.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

305EUR in UK. (Brexit Tax)

GG LEGO. GG UK.

22 hours ago, Haay said:

Up at SAH now. We get dinged for 270, which is the same 20 euro mark-up as for The Village. The UK seems to be the most heavily taxed on this set.

Edited by Val-E

7 hours ago, Haay said:

Holy F. ! That's just f'd up! Poor Brits... :( 

And The Netherlands/Belgium also get the same €20 mark-up, to a round €270.

Can't wait to see the pricing for Millennium Falcon,

USD 799
EUR 749
GBP 899
You may ask yourself why, why all this?
here is the answer.

• Like 3

Up at SAH now. We get dinged for 270, which is the same 20 euro mark-up as for The Village. The UK seems to be the most heavily taxed on this set.

I don't know how Canada got such favourable pricing - at $299 vs $249 for the village this is a great deal. Way below the current US to CDN exchange rate. I'll take it though because my youngest is already eyeing it up.

I know the Minecraft theme is a like it or hate it theme, but the sets are good value for the amount of plastic you get and have tons of playability and rebuildability. (Making up words haha) I personally like the special pieces in many sets but when kids want to build big there is nothing better than a pile of 2x2, 2x4, 2x? bricks!
  • Like 1

I want to build that elevator at 0.48 in this video! Can anyone point me in the direction of another set that uses this type of elevator so I can get a look at the parts need?

Or... If anyone knows of any other sets that have elevators I should check out.

I need to build a small (4x4, 4x6, 6x6 range) elevator and am trying to gather info on what my options are.

21 minutes ago, randrace said:

I want to build that elevator at 0.48 in this video! Can anyone point me in the direction of another set that uses this type of elevator so I can get a look at the parts need?

Or... If anyone knows of any other sets that have elevators I should check out.

I need to build a small (4x4, 4x6, 6x6 range) elevator and am trying to gather info on what my options are.

I think you want to look at the firepole in the GBHQ for inspiration. Then imagine being able to turn the long swirly axle and you've got the basics covered, together with one of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87082&name=Technic, Pin 3L with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Center Pin Hole&category=[Technic, Pin]#T=S&O={"ss":"US","rpp":"500"}

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So my wife and son have decided that this is going to be his big present for Christmas. Question: what's the best moment to pick this up? Oct 10 with double VIP and promo? Or will there be other opportunities with better promos before the holidays? Not counting on it getting discounted, and from what i've seen this is not (yet) available at other retailers ... should I wait until Black Friday? Better promos coming up in Nov?

So my wife and son have decided that this is going to be his big present for Christmas. Question: what's the best moment to pick this up? Oct 10 with double VIP and promo? Or will there be other opportunities with better promos before the holidays? Not counting on it getting discounted, and from what i've seen this is not (yet) available at other retailers ... should I wait until Black Friday? Better promos coming up in Nov?

October is probably your best bet.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...