40252 - Mini Volkswagen Beetle

brickolodon

Guest TabbyBoy

Seal code 06S7 is at 90deg to the blank white area near the FSC logo. Sorry, I'm unable to attach a photo right now. Oh, the London Bus also arrived yesterday afternoon on its own ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Its shame that this promo ended a week before the announced date. Triple VIP points killed the beetle - too attractive to combine them together. Its a pity, since I have planned some more orders + combine with 100 vip coupon. On the other hand, this short run can help to keep the prices higher.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I have a couple of them and was lucky enough one of them was really dented. Now I´m forced to build it :D

I think this set will easily sell for about 40 bucks in a year or two, so I'm just going to put them right into storage.

You could be right, but I think they'll plummet in value and be stacked up high in LEGO stores just like the London Bus.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

You could be right, but I think they'll plummet in value and be stacked up high in LEGO stores just like the London Bus.

Coming from you, saying a positive projection might be right, must mean it is going to be a star! :D I raise my expectations to 50 bucks now :P I even suspect you off flushing many turds in order to stash 100s of these 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Legojona said:

Coming from you, saying a positive projection might be right, must mean it is going to be a star! :D I raise my expectations to 50 bucks now :P I even suspect you off flushing many turds in order to stash 100s of these 

Good man, I hope you're right again!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

1 hour ago, Legojona said:

I have a couple of them and was lucky enough one of them was really dented. Now I´m forced to build it :D

I think this set will easily sell for about 40 bucks in a year or two, so I'm just going to put them right into storage.

Don't forget this set is available broadly for purchase in store in mid-south-eastern europe for 9.99 EUR.

6 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I don't think you can really compare a 59 piece polybag with a 141 pieces small box set.

And when he says I don't think, he really means you can't, but was being polite.

This set is actually surprisingly more substantial than you would expect, box is a good bit bigger than the London Bus and if it was a City set, it would probably cost between €15-€20. But it's not City, it's a famous licenced car.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

And when he says I don't think, he really means you can't, but was being polite.

This set is actually surprisingly more substantial than you would expect, box is a good bit bigger than the London Bus and if it was a City set, it would probably cost between €15-€20. But it's not City, it's a famous licenced car.

Thanks for the translation. Sounds like I should move to Canada :D

33 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Such city set would cost 10-15 and have some figs.

Minicooper was smaller, but there were also less resellers 3 years ago. Beetle is also a small useless set to join a city, and for display purposes  is bigger brother.