Lego Shop@Home Black Friday 2016 Specials [USA]

Jeff Mack

This thread is hilarious if you want into it, needing to read 5 pages.

1 hour ago, rastascoob said:

double vip not showing for me either. Got a PS @$119

57 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

Is it not double VIP? Only set that shows up as discounted for me is Pet Shop with no calendar or 2x vip points...?

I thought it was double VIP too, but it's not.  According to the store calendar, double VIP was last weekend only.

FWIW, The first Amazon BF lighting deal was 60079 Training Jet Transporter for $29.99 (40% off).  It sold out in 10 seconds.  Target has it at the same price + the bonus set.  The set on Amazon that could be worth the effort is 75101 Tie Fighter - at 40% it would be $42.00.

Got the following at my local B&M:

70751 ToA (30% off) x1
41063 Ariel Palace (50% off) x3
21006 WhiteHouse (50% off) x3
+$100 of boring smaller stuff (20-40% off)

Observations:
1. 41063/21006 at 50% was an unexpected surprise, possibly store-specific...

2. I was first in the door; stayed as quiet as I've ever seen it the whole 40-minutes I was there.

3. Doorbuster tags said "Valid until Noon, or Out of Stock". Seemed pacing to run dry within 1-2 hours. "limit 3" decision made on the spot by local manager.

4. Discounts on the non-doorbusters seemed fewer and further between than I would have expected.

I'd say give you local b&m a go if you can be there in the next 30-90 minutes. Doorbuster items & limits on them seems enough of a wildcard for some potentially solid finds. Would appear corporate left a fair bit of latitude to local stores.

They were door busters everywhere.  White House went fairly quick.  Rest had good stock levels.  It was a good haul..
IMG_20161125_073015.jpg

Is that 5 ToA's I'm seeing there? The limit at your store musta been higher than mine (3).

Nice work! Alot of guys have been quietly eyeing it as one of the best sleeper picks out there right now. At a $140 buy-in it goes from darkhorse to frontrunner, imho...

36 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Is that 5 ToA's I'm seeing there? The limit at your store musta been higher than mine (3).

Nice work! Alot of guys have been quietly eyeing it as one of the best sleeper picks out there right now. At a $140 buy-in it goes from darkhorse to frontrunner, imho...

Yes pretty much everything was 5.  Not as good as the Disney deal but with globe pretty close

Based on the gum-chewing, sweatpants wearing guy taking stacks of pirates chess, doctor who and ToA to the front register, I would venture to say my closest store had no limits. The guys with 2 or 3 stacks of 12 pirate chess would be another clue. Sometimes I like the other reseller unfriendly B&M nearby

Hey you! Get off of my cloud!