Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? NONE OF THIS CRAP HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE BEATLES OR A YELLOW SUBMARINE!

Sorry, it had more to do with the thickness of chocolate on a Snickers bar.

Do any of the mods know approx. how many of these we have in all brickfolios compared to WALL•E?

I'm hoping this clears £75 after fees by Xmas.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Hasn't exactly flown out of the blocks in retirement, this one, but regularly selling around and upwards of £60 now.

Strange that so many are still being listed at under £50 with that in mind.

Still predicting good things from it, but may take a while.

150+ sellers across ebay and Amazon. Too much supply and not enough demand in the current market. 

57 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

150+ sellers across ebay and Amazon. Too much supply and not enough demand in the current market. 

11,000 or so rank for a “new” price of $90 on Amazon means a healthy demand to me. With a realistic buy in at $50 I think this set looks good. How many more are going to come out at Christmas time is the key unknown but long term this is going to be a $ maker.

9 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

11,000 or so rank for a “new” price of $90 on Amazon means a healthy demand to me. With a realistic buy in at $50 I think this set looks good. How many more are going to come out at Christmas time is the key unknown but long term this is going to be a $ maker.

Yes there'll always be some demand, but the price has been relatively stagnant since Easter. Any rise in selling price brings new sellers to market. Don't most of us have 2 or 3 of these (or more) to offload? 

It might make £100 one day, but not anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Yes there'll always be some demand, but the price has been relatively stagnant since Easter. Any rise in selling price brings new sellers to market. Don't most of us have 2 or 3 of these (or more) to offload? 

It might make £100 one day, but not anytime soon. 

I had two, sold both this week for £60 each, with a buy in of £33 each. I'm happy enough with that.

Guest TabbyBoy
15 hours ago, neeon82 said:

I had two, sold both this week for £60 each, with a buy in of £33 each. I'm happy enough with that.

I've not sold any yet as way too busy, but I believe that this will be a £100+ set in a few years. I've still got the job lot from IWOOT when they cleared them out at -50%. At least these aren't taking up space that I need to pay for ? I may even offload them all at RRP one day if the need arises.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:41 AM, donbee said:

Just curious, why do you predict that it’ll only increase in value 20 euros next Christmas? What’s the logic in that calculation?

Over 100 Euros buyers get more hesitant to buy and I factor in that YS was widely available and my experience in surveilling in amazon prices. Of course it is only a guess and i said it will easily hit 150 Euros, I think price will be 165-190

Edited by Sozial

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Sozial said:

Over 100 Euros buyers get more hesitant to buy and I factor in that YS was widely available and my experience in surveilling in amazon prices. Of course it is only a guess and i said it will easily hit 150 Euros, I think price will be 165-190

There's a lot more Beatles fans than LEGO fans so this set could surpass the % increase of all other IDEAS sets to date. This is one set that I do NOT regret buying in vast quantities. If the Mars Rover can 6x within a few years, so can this.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

This set is doing ok, nothing more nothing less. The auction sold prices are still marginally below RRP. 

When I'm 64 - it might then get to 2 X RRP. 

It’s still for sale in some areas. Within the last month I’ve seen it at John Lewis Newbury, Norwich. Also in Hamleys duty free at LHR T5 for  £70!

I can still offload mine now for an easy £20 profit, but I can wait for £100 profit in 5 years time, no rush.

Edited by TabbyBoy