New, need advice

That's my thinking on the Fairground Mixer, if they keep making more Carnival sets people will want them all, just like with the Modular's, so for $150 the Mixer is a winner, plus with the motor it makes the set more of I have to have this set, and even if the Carnival sets are done It still a great set. and with this set and the Ferris Wheel both with motors its a great scene. I have 18 shooting for 25 or so, and hopefully it retires this year.   Ed

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, emazers said:

That's my thinking on the Fairground Mixer, if they keep making more Carnival sets people will want them all, just like with the Modular's, so for $150 the Mixer is a winner, plus with the motor it makes the set more of I have to have this set, and even if the Carnival sets are done It still a great set. and with this set and the Ferris Wheel both with motors its a great scene. I have 18 shooting for 25 or so, and hopefully it retires this year.   Ed

I did not mention the Ferris Wheel but I should have because it seemed to be a bit more hoarded than the Fairground Mixer but I could see both doing very well but the Fairground Mixer is probably closer to the end of it's life cycle. Again, I am not an investor but if I was the OP, I would buy 4 FM on October 1st when TLG offers double VIP points. I think I saw rumors that the there might be a new carnival piece next year but I could be wrong. 

I think the smaller sets are just to hard to predict which ones are going to be winners unless you really know what you are doing and can get them at good discounts. I also believe that the TLG is releasing so many sets in certain themes (SW), that resellers may to start to feel the pinch when smaller retired sets are not moving as quickly and that may create a bit of a sell off. However, I do think that these smaller non retired sets could be a gateway for newly awakened AFOL's who will eventually want to add some bigger UCS/Exclusive sets to their collection. 

I am just a collector and just trying to give some perspective from an AFOL who just builds for fun. There is no way that I would pay a premium for any retired non exclusive/UCS sets. There are far too many current sets and retired UCS/Exclusive sets that I would much rather have.