Hudson's Bay Lego - No seriously

jeff_14

Did anyone have problems using the hbc giftcards bought from the eBay store? 

Not sure if the website is broken or if the cards are fake. Is the card# located under the barcode of the pin or the huge number at the very bottom of the second part where it can be broken off and starts with 777000... The last 11 digits of this number does not match the number under the bar code

Its 4 am dealing with this bs, should have not bought the cards. Thanks for the help

Edited by jamalvegeta

Wow that was frustrating. I was able to place a single order. Every other order I tried to place something was showing in stock right until checkout then error'd out. Thanks for the heads up! I hope some others were a little more lucky than me. I wonder if the clearance prices are also in store. I might go check on my lunch. 

Thanks. Ordered a few things but holding my breath as Bay has cancelled my previous orders even though I was able to checkout.  Eventually, they said things were not in stock.

Yeah, it looks like they are relying on accurate in store stock numbers, which given the great price, are highly likely to change within the next couple hours. If I was at home in Canada right now, I would be going to my local Bay store and buying these out from the store.

Anybody see these deals in store anywhere? I was out all day but could be at my local HBC at opening tomorrow...and I know they had plenty of all the sets on clearance. Second question - has anyone ever tried price matching the HBC website? 

Either way, I think I'll head out tomorrow and see. Will report.

1 hour ago, Veegs said:

Anybody see these deals in store anywhere? I was out all day but could be at my local HBC at opening tomorrow...and I know they had plenty of all the sets on clearance. Second question - has anyone ever tried price matching the HBC website? 

Either way, I think I'll head out tomorrow and see. Will report.

I went to one store today. Nothing was discounted on the shelves and the LEGO selection was barren. But the cashier said they will price match anything to their own website if I found anything on sale.

I had some luck in store. They had a specific Clearance shelf and most of the sets there were the online 50% off sets although only tagged and scanned at 20-30% off. I was able to price match the online prices at the checkout, without issue. Actually the cashier stopped looking at my phone and started just punching any price in I told him... :) 

If somebody get's their Avenjet orders cancelled, Sorry...

• Like 1

They have been pulled. I was in store about 20 mins ago and they said they had no problem price matching but I couldn't find the items on my phone. Anyone know a way to 'find' the landing page(s) showing the 50% off? If so I should be able to get about 12-15 sets 50% off. 

10 minutes ago, Veegs said:

They have been pulled. I was in store about 20 mins ago and they said they had no problem price matching but I couldn't find the items on my phone. Anyone know a way to 'find' the landing page(s) showing the 50% off? If so I should be able to get about 12-15 sets 50% off. 

Took a look through my history/open tabs - couldn't find it :( 

Better half and mother-in-law were going to HBC and I sent them to check if any stock was still there. Happy to report the 25% off turned to 50% off at my location (I was sending a senior today for the extra 15% off senior discount - everyone has a senior in their life they can get to buy Lego, amiright?) so instead of getting 25% off + the senior discount I got the 50% off plus senior discount. A couple Vader Ties, some Obi-wan and battlepacks...only 10 sets total. Greedily I wish I could have grabbed a whole lot more at these prices...still might be worth a check at your local HBC. Since they pulled the clearance deals online (but a few have come back sporadically)  I couldn't get a price match but thankfully my local lowered them anyway (maybe Jan. 2nd?).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...