Super Bowl Predictions/Poll

Darth Lego

On a Lego related note, do you think TLC should make a sports theme like football or baseball? TLC already made the basketball theme.

This gets brought up every now and then. I would love pro sports themes but I don't think Lego would produce them for a couple reasons:

The NBA theme already failed and they won't make the same mistake twice. Also sports just aren't as popular with kids ages 6-12 as many cartoon or movie based licensed themes.

I have been liking Oyo sports figs lately. MLB and NFL minifigs made is the USA. (they are the only non-lego items I have in my collection). I just wish so many figs weren't on back order.

I would have figured Stephen was a Cardinal fan from his avatar. He sounded like a cool guy liking Lego, fantasy football and playing disc golf until now, I find out he is a donkey fan :(

While all you guys are watching the Super Bowl, I'll be scrapping up all the deals on Lego. This could be a sleeper night with all the deals being posted LOL.. I'll let you know.

This was my plan too. But I was going to keep it quiet. LOL. I will be on my iPad the entire time the game is on.

Of course the NBA line failed...It's the NBA!?!? :) I don;t think they will ever do it b/c it would be just too expensive. they would have to pay licensing fees to the league and if they use specific players, they have to pay royalties to the players as well. (Just like baseball cards.) Would be super cool...I could see people trading the mini figures like baseball cards, trying to collect "your" team... Cool thought but too expensive if you want my uneducated opinion.

Of course the NBA line failed...It's the NBA!?!? :)

I don;t think they will ever do it b/c it would be just too expensive. they would have to pay licensing fees to the league and if they use specific players, they have to pay royalties to the players as well. (Just like baseball cards.)

Would be super cool...I could see people trading the mini figures like baseball cards, trying to collect "your" team...

Cool thought but too expensive if you want my uneducated opinion.

If a small company like Oyo can do it I'm sure TLG would have no problem paying the license fees.

Superstar NBA players like Shaq and Kobe are more common household names than players in about every other sport, except maybe NFL QB's. I feel like if the NBA license didn't work there is a very slim chance it would work with other sports.

I agree they could certainly afford it. i was just thinking along the lines of how expensive LEGO sets are already. I was guessing that by the time NFL/MLB or whatever go their cut, the player got their cut and then LEGO got their cut and then the store got their cut and the govt gets their cut...I just thought that MIGHT be one cut too many to make it affordable enough to make it popular. Who knows!?!?! But it sure is fun to discuss... On a different note... that was a horrible national Anthem.