2016 Summer Olympics Rio Discussion Thread

Alpinemaps

So...anyone else an Olympics junkie like me?  There's quite a few sports that I enjoy watching.  Just wondering if anyone else is going to be watching this stuff for the next two weeks like I will be.

Some of my favorites sports are Volleyball (beach and indoor, male and female), Road Bike Race, Marathon, Diving, Swimming, Rowing, and Rugby.

What about everyone else?  I'm psyched that "my girl", Kerri Walsh-Jennings is playing tonight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

So...anyone else an Olympics junkie like me?  There's quite a few sports that I enjoy watching.  Just wondering if anyone else is going to be watching this stuff for the next two weeks like I will be.

Some of my favorites sports are Volleyball (beach and indoor, male and female), Road Bike Race, Marathon, Diving, Swimming, Rowing, and Rugby.

What about everyone else?  I'm psyched that "my girl", Kerri Walsh-Jennings is playing tonight.

Gymnastics, swimming, diving, track and field, rugby, beach and indoor volleyball, and handball. Of course I just got excited over the women's air rifle gold medal ceremony. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, miketexas said:

Hi y'all new here from Texas. I just returned from Brazil and came back with the Lego mascots for the 2016 Olympics. 9e837ff577749657d118f38adac8e4c8.jpg has anyone else gotten their hands on this beauty?

You didn't bring back any more me?  :(

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Anyone have the schedule for the women's beach volleyball? :pioneer:

This is what I use:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

the women's cycling contest today was a nail biter 

Boy, you aren't kidding!  I'm 3 hours behind, so the race is just ending for me right now.  Holy cow!  That crash was brutal, and this ending...yikes!  1.5km to go for me and they are closing.

27 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Oh my!  Wow...what a finish.  Holy cow.  I can't believe how that ended.  We were all yelling and cheering in this house.  That was a whirlwind of emotions.

As a dutchman (who watched replays, not live), this had everything - euphoria, drama, suspense and ecstasy. First Gold medal though!

• Like 1

That descent was ridiculous, Chris Boardman was commentating on the BBC and was fuming about it. 

I really thought Van Vlueten was dead, there was no sign of her moving when the next few groups went pass.

Felt for Abbott, she was dying on the bike for the last few miles. She could have won it if the finish had had a few bends, but when the chasers could see her from so far out she was toast.

38 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Didn't North Korean athlete who won silver, publicly apologize to his country's leader for not getting gold? .....that's messed up. 

I'm sure the Great Leader's Department of Photoshop is able to rectify this for the home crowd.....

• Like 1